*raises hand* peep

I started writing for a different fandom - Doctor Who wink - a few months ago, and though I haven't given up L&C or anything - I'm still here! - I really like it there. smile

I find that Doctor Who provides a lot more scope for different plots, and has different elements and characters that L&C doesn't have, which are fun to explore. Of course, the same goes both ways! But I've been a L&C fan for about... wow, 10 years now eek and a writer for two or three, and this is just something new.

Another thing is that a lot more plots are acceptable because while L&C is a very romance-centered show, Doctor Who is a family sci-fi show, and though it has its little romantic moments, it's not a crucial part of it. So it's different in nature.

And, of course, due to being a) British and b) a show about travelling through time and space, we get lots of change of scenery, which is nice. <g>

I do think I write a different story when I write for DW. Even if I do look at the romantic POV of the show (which I do, a lot <g>) - the characters are different characters, with different backgrounds, different morals and different opinions. What's acceptable for them won't be for L&C and vice-versa. They also live a very dangerous lifestyle, so the words "seize the day" really take on a new meaning... They've seen more death and seen their lives flash before their eyes more times than Lois or Clark ever have, and while L&C is a very wholesome happy-ending show, Doctor Who is very much different (and for that reason, by the way, deathfics and such are pretty common there).

Then, also, there are different relationships you can build, not just with the two main characters. I can think of four different ones offhand. Lois and Clark is only one pairing (two if you count alt-L&C, but I don't <g>). So I can pair anyone up with anyone (to a point wink ), which opens another window for different plots.

Because the show contains so many different themes, some of them pretty dark, sitting down in front of a Word document can lead anywhere. And I mean... any time, anywhere. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)