The only person Lois could see stealing the only known physical copy of the virus, outside of EPRAD, was the one man who had told her that Nightfall Major wouldn’t have hit Earth had Superman just left it alone. The very same man who had hired someone to break into her apartment and plant surveillance devices, so that he could spy on her.
Kyle Griffin?

She had always suspected that Lex had something to do with the Nightfall Virus, but to this day, she couldn’t understand why he would want to create worldwide panic unless there was profit in it for him.
JACK NAPIER: You need a reason for it?

She knew Lex could be eccentric, but nobody was that eccentric.
She does know that he hunts women for sport, right?
LEX: At least I don’t flay them! /hides Game of Thrones mint edition underneath pillow/

What was it about her that attracted liars? Was she so intimidating that all men felt the need to compensate by lying to her?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

True, Lex, Claude, and Paul had all lied to her because they were out for numero uno.
Plus, get her into bed.

He had taken Linda and Lois’s story and dropped her like a hot potato, because she wouldn’t put out after two dates.
Hellooo! Three-date-rule!
PAUL: Helloooo! Co-ed!

Did Lex lie to her just to save himself from heartache when she left him for being a horrible man and a criminal?
No, Lex doesn’t know that he’s a horrible man and a criminal, so that can’t be it.

Not because he was in love with her, but because he, somehow, knew how Superman felt about her and it was the best way to knock her off her game?
LEX: Nah, I just like to go where all Kryptonians want to go.

Lex knew that he couldn’t win in a fair race against Superman — what man could?
[Linked Image]

Could Lex have created his underground lair and the Nightfall Virus just to capture Lois?
She *is* a bit full of herself, isn’t she?
LEX: I think it’s adorable.

If he wanted to trap her underground, he could have locked the door while she was there and nobody would have been the wiser.
LEX: Booooriiiing!

Although, truth be told, she didn’t know why Clark had left Krypton.
Problems with the ozone layer or some such thing. Plus, his father found out that his mother had been deedling with all the household guards in the months before her pregnancy, so his arrival was highly suspect. Nor-El, well… he turned out much better after Jor-El locked Lara up in a tower and they made a second baby.

It could have had more to do with leaving his ex-fiancée than being with Lois.
No, Clark actually switched universes to get away from that nutjob.

Clark hadn’t known that the only reason Lois had kept Lex around was to use him… first to make Superman jealous, second as a source, and third because Clark kept telling her to keep her distance from him.
I don’t know. I think Clark fell for just another Lana, there. He’d be so much better off dating that blonde A.D.A.

Clark would have no motives left to distrust her.
So, what you’re saying is that Clark should happily trust a woman, who’s doublecrossing her present fiancé because of some perceived wrong he allegedly did to her and which she has never even mentioned to said fiancé before starting to screw him out of his livelihood and social standing?

There was still a part of her that wondered what would be the next thing to send Clark bolting for the door to leave their relationship.
[Linked Image]

With another couple of clicks, she ejected the new diskette from her computer. Her heart was racing. They had him. All they needed to do now was somehow tie the virus to Lex.
Maybe she could stuff the diskette into his desk and then call the cops?

“What do you mean ‘you thought’? Jimbo, you practically lived here when you were dating Lucy,” Lois tossed back at him. “Are you bringing me a pizza for any reason in particular?”
Yes, but he’s in college now and likely experimenting with various substances that one can burn and then inhale to affect an altered state of consciousness.

“I got a job delivering pizzas for Carlo’s Restaurante. His last delivery guy quit to play guitar in some grunge band.”
So much for Clark not running for the hills again.

“Good. Good,” Lois replied vaguely. “She’s been hired for a sitcom pilot, but who knows if anyone will pick it up.”
An “I Love Lucy” reboot?

She didn’t know why Lex had made this call, but she suspected that it was because neither of them had friends close enough to ask to do the duty.
Plus, Lex doesn’t want Lois to cavort with male Kryptonian strippers during her bachelorette party.

, in order to hire some woman straight out of law school. Lois had bristled from Lex’s implication that a female lawyer wasn’t qualified, merely because of her gender.
Now, Lois, he said ‘woman’ not ‘chick’ and I’m sure he only disrespected her experience, not her body or her gender.

There had been no breaking Superman story.
Duh! What with the bait sitting at home, stuffing herself with pizza.

She had lost her appetite, even for chocolate.
wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 06/01/14 03:59 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.