Christina: Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts. smile1
What was it about her that attracted liars? Was she so intimidating that all men felt the need to compensate by lying to her?
It is a curious thought. I know many (not all) of the other versions of Lois have a father that is in the military having (ultimately) good secrets that need to be kept. This version doesn't have that (strongly) part of his makeup. Yes they retconned the military into her history in Season 2 but that version never seemed jive with the humorous actions of the character from that season forward. He didn't really seem a military type to me. I might have bought the Season 1 version being former military (especially with his implant tech, it would have been an ideal match with the military replacing a vets arms and legs if amputated) but not the Season 2+ one.
I'm a little lost on where LnC canon showed that Sam Lane had been in the military in S2. We were introduced to Sam's brother "Mike" who had been in the military. And we were introduced to the fact that Jack Olsen had been in the military (we then learn in S3, he went from there to the NIA). And that Lois's friend, Molly Flynn had a boyfriend in the military. I agree that if they had introduced a military aspect to Sam's career in S1, it would have been a logical transition into helping wounded vets with cyborgisation. Perhaps it would have stopped them from making S4's Sam Lane so eccentric.

Back in Part 15, I explained Alt-Lois's background, which, although it contained a military upbringing, is still different from Lois's standard comic / Smallville (or even LnC) canon norm:
From Part 15:
The Dr. and Mrs. Lane of his dimension had traveled with their daughter Lois with a Red Cross medical group giving vaccinations and medical care to refugees and war victims around the world. Ellen Lane and the baby had died in childbirth somewhere in the backwaters of South America when Lois had been about four. A year later, when it was time to go to school, his Lois had been dumped with her Uncle Mike’s family at some Naval base somewhere. Lois had grown up on different military bases from North Carolina to Alaska, Hawaii, Japan, the Philippines, to Somalia and the Middle East – a new school on a new base every year or two. Basically an orphan – though her father was still alive – Lois was an outsider stuck in this strict naval family of boys. She had learned her dislike of following rules, her distrust of the official story, and her mean left hook during those years, according to Perry.
The baby mentioned, of course, would have been Lucy.

Still haven't explained the different universes thing, have you, Clark?

Alt-Clark: I plead the fifth.
Well, he *did* mention it, but he was pretending as if he were joking at the time. wink

*Clark with his tongue in cheek* Alt-Clark: Amber waves of grain, and a small-tightly knit community where everyone knew everyone's name and nearly everything else about each other. Not to mention a mom who loves her apple pie and a father who needed help on the tractor from time to time. It was so close to living in Smallville, Kansas that I had to build it into my back-history as Clark.
In the animated series Justice League's (or UJL) version of "For the Man Who Has Everything" they showed Kal and his family living in a house surrounded by grain fields on Krypton, which was very reminiscent of a farm in Kansas, so it's not that big of a stretch to believe that. wink

Not exactly. It's one of those cases where she doesn't even have a CLUE. If she even suspected there was SUCH a thing as different dimensions I wonder if she'd believe that he might be from it. Then again, the idea of a flying man is implausible enough.
Okay, so maybe she hasn't given up on her blinders quite yet, but who's fault is that?

LOIS: Not mine!

CLARK: grumble Is it ever?

That is sadly true. I don't know of many other instances where that's the case, but it is true.
Lois's gut also told her to push Clark away and chase after Superman, and to date Dan, despite having started a relationship with Clark. In Lois's private life, her gut is often more wrong than right.

Hmmmm... I almost get the feeling that Luthor's father killed his mother (like he said) but that HE was the killer of his father. After that he went on the run and never, EVER looked back.
cool Could be...

Did he exist in your own dimension, Clark? Maybe you can get some hints from the differences there about his history.
In Alt-dimension, naming a building or business after a living person is illegal, so even if Lex Luthor existed (with that name) and he was basically the same man he is in canon dimension, it's possible that Clark had never heard of him. In fact, he hadn't heard of Lex Luthor until he visited other dimensions and didn't know he was bad news until coming to this dimension. (Since LexComm Telephone was still alive and well in "Lois & Clarks" I'm guessing he was familiar with Lex Luthor because of Lex's propensity for naming things after himself.)

Quite honestly, I don't know when Clark and Lois had all that much downtime prior to Ordinary People to really talk.
And when they DO try to talk, Clark thinks she's saying one thing (I'd like Chocolate from Switzerland) instead of sitting there listening to what she's actually saying. I don't think until they're camping and roasting bananas do they actually have down time to talk.

I can't imagine these two lasting that long on that talk.
Oh, dear. Christina, you don't believe this omission is one Lois would ever forgive him for? Even though they haven't really had time to have a real discussion since she learned CK=SM?

CLARK: /nervously starts to bite his fingernails to the quick/

LOIS: Well, *that* decides it!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.