Mayor Presley is not running against Obama for office. Palin's job is to highlight the differences between herself and her political opponent.

It is unfortunate that McCain and Palin have been pressed into the position of having to point out the negatives of Obama. That should have been the media's job. I do not mean a smear campaign. I mean the same thing they did with Palin - they should have searched out and reported the good AND THE BAD on Obama, as they did with Palin. It is not fair to hold it against McCain that he has been forced to do the media's job.

Here is exerpt from an interview with Connie Chung, in 2001 (immediately following 9/11):

Connie Chung: A lot of people out there are probably saying, "I would love to hear them say, 'We were young; we were idealistic; we were foolish, and we were probably stupid. We made mistakes and we're sorry about it. We're grown up now.'"

Bill Ayers: I'd say we were young. We were idealistic. We made mistakes.

Bernadine Dohrn: We made mistakes and we'd do it again. I wish that we'd done more, that we'd been more militant.

I feel like I am living in an alternate universe. Bizarro World. Since when is it considered acceptable to associate with terrorists? Since when is it considered 'negative' and contrary to the values of heartland America to question the association with terrorists? Since when are the candidates in a political race forbidden from pointing out the actions or words of their opponent which they feel highlight the differences between the two candidates?

Bill Ayers's wife, Bernadine Dohrn was on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list. Both she and husband committed acts of domestic terrorism. Obama launched his career in the home of these two unrepentent terrorists. Palin's statement stands.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster