I have a friend who was a huge Hillary fan and agrees with Obama on every issue you can image but something about him absolutely rubs her the wrong way. She had - grudgingly - decided that she probably just wasn't going to vote because she couldn't vote for either in good conscience. She came over Thurs night and watched Palin's speech from Wed night with me. She's now voting for McCain/Palin. She's a strong woman and loved that about Palin even if they disagree on a lot of issues. She loves strong, independent women who stand up for what they believe in regardless of pressure and who stands against the status quo etc. She's well educated and we've never delved into the abortion issue, but I think she tends to be pro-choice but not pro-abortion if that makes sense [I don't think she personally believes in abortion but believes in a woman's right to choose].

I couldn't believe it when she said she was going to vote McCain/Palin. I figured she'd like her enough as a person but not enough to vote, you know? She's about the 'stereotypical' Hillary woman voter that they've been discussing ad nauseum and that's her decision.

Carol