Yes, Rivka, but I don't expect people to rewrite their deathfics and remove the death from it. I don't expect deathfics to exist in another version which can be uploaded to the Archive, while the fic containing the death can not. And yes, I realize that non-death deathfic is not exactly the same thing as PGified nfic. But still. Perhaps I would be as happy to read those Lois deathfics where Lois doesn't die as you are to read the nfics where the nfic scenes are removed? Except unlike you, I never get the chance to read those "sanitized" stories.

Sorry. I realize that the comparison isn't fair, as I said. It's not fair because a "sanitized" deathfic would have to have a drastically changed plot, which is not the case at all for PGified nfic. But I don't think your comparison was fair either, Rivka. Precisely because I never get to read any "un-death-ified" deathfic.

EDIT: Of course, sometimes a PGified nfic does require a drastically changed or gutted plot. Which is why Sue has not yet been able to PGify the final part of Evasive Action, I'll wager.

Ann