I posted a story over the summer which did really well on the nfic side. I spent hours cleaning it up into a PG version and... <crickets chirping>

It would appear that only two people have read it. <shrug> I had expected that would happen (that most people had read and commented on the N side) so I'm not *complaining*, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
It's extraordinarily rare for a story which has been successful in nfic to get much fdk in gfic. You won't be the first or the last author to experience that one, Sue. wink I've known more than one author almost give up posting in gfic halfway through because their posts have had zero response.

But - you got two more fdk with the gfic version. That's more fdk. laugh And you never know what fdk you'll get back once it's uploaded to the Archive. Not to mention that I guess a few Kerth noms, maybe even a win, could count as fdk. <g> I'd be mighty surprised if this story didn't show up on the noms at least next time around. So don't count out your gfic readers just yet.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers