All right, Rat, then here's another one:

Clark was having a wonderful dream. He'd dreamt that he'd woken up to find Lois in his arms, gazing at him longingly, and he'd done what he'd always wanted to do - slid closer to her and begun to kiss her passionately, as he'd always dreamed of doing. In his dream, she was beautifully responsive, sliding herself nearer to him, wrapping her arms around him to pull him closer, caressing his back - oh, and how he wished she'd let her hand explore beneath his T-shirt.

In his dream, for when he was dreaming he could do whatever he wanted, he thrust his tongue forward to slide it into Lois's mouth, his hands reaching to push the bedclothes aside. He wanted - *needed* - to get closer to her, and the comforter was just in the way....

He heard her moan as her tongue came to meet his; the sound was so clear, so *real* that he could almost believe he wasn't....

He wasn't dreaming. Oh God... he wasn't dreaming.

Abruptly he dragged himself away, sitting up, running his hand frantically through his hair as he tried to get to grips with the embarrassment. He had practically assaulted Lois! Okay, he'd been asleep, but that was no excuse! What if... oh, *God,* what if he hadn't woken up? How far would he have gone?

Why hadn't she stopped him?

He became aware that she was sitting up next to him, clutching the sheet against her upper body. Closing his eyes despairingly - she was never going to forgive him for this - he said shakily, "Lois, I'm sorry. I was... I guess I was dreaming, and I... just didn't know what I was doing. I'm so sorry."
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~