Oh yeah, this is Solar Eclipse, by Irene Dutch smile

yeesh I had a hard time finding a new quote... okay, here's what I came up with:

Clark began to look worried. "What's wrong? I thought Superman was what you wanted," there was a slight edge of bitterness in his voice.

"So did I. But lately I've been getting the feeling that I'm not enough for him,"

Clark started to protest but Lois went on, "and it really hurts to admit it, but he's not enough for me either."

Clark looked absolutely stunned. There was more than just an edge of bitterness in his voice as he responded, "Superman isn't enough for you? What do you want, the Buffalo Bills?"

"No," Lois replied softly, looking directly into his eyes. "All I want is just one whole person." She took his hands and pulled him closer, then slid her arms up around his neck and kissed him softly on the lips. Clark's arms folded around her as he returned the kiss. Lois pulled away so that she could look into his eyes, then gently pulled his glasses off his face.
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K