Many scientific studies I read about during my parenting classes, which were part of my son and daughter's preschool, said that kids that age can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy. They can believe fairies, unicorns, dragons, and Santa are real (and, personally, who's to say they're wrong? Not me!) So, NO, Chucky is certainly not something anyone without a "teen" to their age should watch. Any more than Texas Chainsaw Massicure, or Cujo, or Saw. Your co-worker was rightfully shocked. (I love Jurassic Park, but I'm not showing it to MY kids any time soon, even thought they LOVE dinosaurs.)
Well, I have made some positive progress. One of the girls used to want to be Catwoman all the time, but now I have convinced her instead that she wants to be Ultrawoman. I also told them that Superwoman is Lois Kent. Take that stupid makers of the New 52 and undoing the Lois/Clark marriage for now. They brought up Superwoman just because I was drawing Superman.

The girl who had me draw Ultrawoman for her did insist this was so everyone would know she is Ultrawoman.

John Pack Lambert