Squeee! That's the noise people make when their inbox overflowith, right? Thank you for not shooting me with tomatoes for Lois's overly flirty retort to Clark's teasing remark that he was reminding her what's she missing (by being in-depth with the Luthor investigation instead being in-depth with him).

KatherineKent: Thanks for reading and commenting.
Awesome. I love it.
[Linked Image] I mean... That's cool. Thanks.

When Lois was talking to Carlo and dreaming about Clark speaking seductively to her in Italian I caught the Carlo/Carlos reference and wondered if there was something going on. I was pretty sure that this was some way for Clark to be in contact.
Well, I wanted him not to let her be the one to initiate contact, because frankly he no longer wanted to wait for her nor was he sure he'd catch it when she did. Plus, he figured she couldn't say no to chocolate filled cookies.
LOIS: Well, that's just... just....
CLARK: Accurate?

Love that he went to all this trouble to neck with her in the stairwell.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Fantastic.
Thanks. blush

Now just give Lois that break she's after. Next time she visits Lex he just happens to be out of the office ... with his safe left wide open ... and a diary filled in with Lex's crimes ...
LEX: Dear Diary; Today was just awesome! I wore my black Armani Tuxedo with the pearl and emerald cufflinks, which I know Superman noticed. Ha! Fooled ya, Steel Man. Lois and I went out, and she hung on my arm all night. I knew eventually all those years of accumulating dough would allow me to buy something I really want: the love of a picky woman. Even the Kryptonite on her engagement ring scared off Superman tonight at the charity event. Boo-ya! I rule to world! Reminder: Give Mrs. Cox and Nigel bonuses for their work in blowing up the Daily Planet and killing off those minions who've already failed me this year. Gee, and it's only April. Also, call maintenance. I've forgotten the code to lock my vault full of cooked books and kryptonite.

Please.
cool

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Christina: Thanks for taking the time to comment, despite sleeping babe in arms. smile1
Ok, I haven't even finished reading this story as I type this (just got to the point where Carlo's "son" delivered the pizza) and I started (quietly, my 5 month old was asleep next to me after all) squeeing and going shock laugh clap rotflol party hail love
I'm glad I hit the right note for you. Also, the delivery guy wasn't "Carlo's son" but the ugly Americano. wink

Clark's MUCH better at this subterfuge stuff it seems.
Well, he does have more experience hiding his true self than canon Clark does.

Double entendre intended, I'm sure.
Oh, yeah. wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.