Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Then she should have explained herself. He starts in on his proposal or whatever, and she puts her hands up and says, "Wait Clark! Let me tell you what's going on!" and then spits it out. You can't tell me that Lois doesn't know how to talk over someone and make herself heard until they listen.
So, you're saying that this shouldn't have been the one time she FINALLY let Clark speak the truth? Where's the fun in that?

The ends do not justify the means, especially when the publisher can be held liable for her actions and her safety. Besides which, her questionable methods might well get a bunch of evidence thrown out of court when it gets to that point. Her actions are a reflection on the paper, and if Lois ends up interfering with a police investigation, that bad press, if not actual legal action, will fall on the Daily Planet, since she was claiming to act in her role as a Daily Planet employee. The Daily Planet is in the business of reporting the news and selling newspapers, not bringing down crime bosses. They can't afford to have employees going off half-cocked on their own personal vendettas.
Ah... The true reason for the DP's money problems. clap As long as Lois doesn't reveal her investigation as a "personal vendetta" and gets results, thus increasing the readership of the paper, I don't think the bosses upstairs will mind much. Anyway, Lois, Perry, and Clark would argue "YES" it is the job of reporters to uncover crimes and crime bosses not being actively investigated by police. Or at least it WAS the job of reporters to undercover the ugly truth about things before they went all social media on us.

EW: Maybe if Lex discovers that Lois is still in love with Superman, he'll just dump her and move on with his life, brushing that one failure under the carpet.
MRS. M: Wow, that's wishful thinking.
I keep threatening John, that one of these days (you know about 2015, when I finish all those other stories on my docket), I'll write something where everything the reader would like to see happen and yet NEVER does happen in one of my stories because it would be too neat, clean, or easy. LOL. I have the strangest feeling that it would be the dullest story ever... either that of hilariously funny.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.