She wanted finally to allow herself a moment to break down and cry after what Clark did to her this morning,
whinging that she has such a negative reaction to a proposal.

but with Lex possibly watching, she didn’t have that luxury.
frown this was really not a wise plan to turn her personal life into something under a microscope.

She had thought Clark loved her as she loved him.
But she has not been showing that love, so now he is getting scared and uncertain.

How could he think that she, of all people, was one of those women on the hunt for a husband?
She did say that the proposal was a wonderful opportunity. His interpretation was the most consistent with what she actually said.

“You’ll never guess what I did to myself to day? I quit my job,”
Today is normally written as one word.

“Why didn’t I interview at LNN before walking out on Perry and Daily Planet?
I think that would be "and the Daily Planet".

Oh, to work at LNN!
Gag.

It would be the realization of my dream. I could work on scoops again!
Not with the limited responsibilities Luthor would allow her.

Make a real difference.
Not with more and more people quitting LNN in disgust over the lies it tells about SM.

Tell the news as it was happening, not a day later.
Actually, TV news has never been known for being breaking news. I mean, they generally give ads about the news hours before they air it. OK, maybe LNN is more like CNN. Still.

Lois turned back to face her fish tank. “I can’t ask Lex for a job at his company. No, I can’t do that to Lex after he’s been so kind to me.”
By trying to kill her best friend. By driving a wedge between her and her best friend. By constantly bad mouthing and maligning her best friend.

Her stomach started to churn with these words.
How can she stand to do this.

“— need his assistance in this.
She should have formulated something for Clark to do in this investigation before going to talk to him.

How could I ever consider being his wife if I owed him such a debt?
As opposed to being Clark's wife when she owes him the much bigger death of being alive. Although, this I never got in Another Lois. Why didn't Lois die in the shuttle explosion along with those hundred other people.

John Pack Lambert