What is 'brinkmanship'?
It is the process of pushing things to the very edge, getting your way by being more obstinate and stubborn than your opponents. The term is usually associated with political negotiations.

It might not be exactly the right term for what Clark did. His was more the laying it all on the line. Brinkmanship assumes each side has opposite goals, in theory Clark and Lois have the same goals. In practice, it is more complex, but it is probably not the right term.

He followed her after seeing the chicken dress?
At least in canon she was discussing the plan with him before the dress arrived.

I should have said "this is Lois, she managed to keep her investigation of Lex so secret, she did not admit she was investigating him in her own thoughts for a few months".

Actually, the cameras were never installed at Clark's, so you must mean 'he spent the night at her place' but Lex doesn't see Clark in a chair next to Lois's bed as 'sexual'.
I meant the cameras from the DP and at Lois's place, I think more the latter. From this he is able to infer when Lois went to Clark's, and how long she remained there.

Really? This story is harrowing? I did not know that.
I probably overreact and internalize pain too much.

That he should ask what opportunity that would be?
Lois is the one who said it was a proposal of marriage. What else was Clark supposed to think she was talking about?

John Pack Lambert