Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Would he really care if they were? His power is so overwhelming and over-arching would he not be able to defeat such a minor disruption to his plans?
Hmm.... interesting point.

She expected him to hear her out before reacting.
Then she should have explained herself. He starts in on his proposal or whatever, and she puts her hands up and says, "Wait Clark! Let me tell you what's going on!" and then spits it out. You can't tell me that Lois doesn't know how to talk over someone and make herself heard until they listen.

NIGEL: eek No, sir, she didn't mean me. Please, sir, put down the gu....
laugh

So what happens when Lois's resignation is actually processed, and once she's done messing around at LNN, the DP board won't let Perry re-hire her because she's unstable?
If she brings in the goods on Lex Luthor, they might see her differently.
The ends do not justify the means, especially when the publisher can be held liable for her actions and her safety. Besides which, her questionable methods might well get a bunch of evidence thrown out of court when it gets to that point. Her actions are a reflection on the paper, and if Lois ends up interfering with a police investigation, that bad press, if not actual legal action, will fall on the Daily Planet, since she was claiming to act in her role as a Daily Planet employee. The Daily Planet is in the business of reporting the news and selling newspapers, not bringing down crime bosses. They can't afford to have employees going off half-cocked on their own personal vendettas.

Maybe if Lex discovers that Lois is still in love with Superman, he'll just dump her and move on with his life, brushing that one failure under the carpet.
Wow, that's wishful thinking. wink

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)