Lois paced her living room. How was she going to accomplish stopping Lex from purchasing the Daily Planet?
Get Superman to fry him? See, I was right that she should have let Lex die. It would be much safer for the DP.

She had left work to come home to change into a nicer outfit, before heading over to Lex’s penthouse to accept his proposal and ask him for a job at LNN, but now she was having second thoughts.
smile1 she is going to call up Clark and accept his proposal instead. OK, I shouldn't needlessly get my hopes up like that.

Somehow, she needed to make Lex think that she had given up on the print news business completely,
But does she want others to think this as well.

Lois:Perry knows the truth. He will let me come back.

Reader:Only if he is still alive.

In addition, she didn’t want to pretend to be a pathetic woman who needed a man to ‘rescue’ her after stupidly quitting her job before lining up another one.
She should have thought about this and not quit the DP so rashly.

Yet, how could she walk that line and still accept his proposal?
Just go back to Clark Lois, he loves you as a person, not as a thing he wishes to exert control over.

When Lois had gone to meet Clark that morning, she hadn’t expected that the nitwit would propose,
She really should have thought things out more from his perspective. She does know he has been engaged before. She was just thinking about his fiancée when accusing all Kryptonians of being lunkheads.

so she hadn’t dressed for a proposal. She had been dressed in a long sleeve t-shirt and sweat pants.
At least she knows Clark's attraction to her is more than just physical. Something that is not clear for Lex.

She had wanted to disappear during her meeting with Clark, because she wanted to be completely frank with him about what was going on with her investigation of Lex,
whinging she should have lead with the investigation, not the proposal.

John Pack Lambert