So Lois is channeling Elizabeth Bennett! smile

“But to allow that hack to steal my story, that was just the last straw! I’m a three time Kerth Award winner for heaven’s sake!” She only hoped Lex never asked her what story was stolen or which hack took it.
Lois is putting on a show for the microphones in her apartment, but how does she know that Perry's office wasn't bugged? In which case not only would Lex know which story and which "hack", but he would also know what Lois is up to. And what is preventing Perry from discussing her predicament with Jimmy, Cat, or Clark somewhere in the newsroom that is bugged? In fact, how does Lex not know that they're on to him?

And if Lex doesn't have Perry's office bugged, then how much effort would it take to find out who Lois is mad at in the newsroom?

How could I ever consider being his wife if I owed him such a debt?
Psst! Lois! Look for a man who wouldn't feel that you actually owed him anything for helping you.

Lois loved Clark so much, it hurt. It hurt that he still didn’t trust her. It hurt that he thought so little of her that he would even think she would consider Lex’s proposal. It hurt that he hadn’t even listened to what she had come there to say.
How did she really expect him to react to what she told him? Once again she's expecting him to read her mind and know that she's investigating Lex when she has never given him any reason to believe that that's the case.

Lois really treats Clark like garbage; I'm almost to the point of campaigning for him to go back home and try to patch things up with Lana. Or at least go back in time a few years and find his own Lois.

Ha! Marriage only benefited the male of her species, not the female. They were no longer in prehistoric times. A woman didn’t need a man for protection or to bring home the bacon. A woman could do that herself.
Woah! That's quite a slanted view on marriage. I realize that Lois has had no good role models in this area, but there are lots of ways that women benefit from marriage, including all the mutual benefits, especially when kids enter the picture. Of course, I assume that Lois isn't thinking about kids, either.

Didn’t Clark know that the last thing a career-minded woman wanted was a man to treat as master? A woman didn’t need someone else she had to cook and clean for, when she had hardly enough time to do those things for herself. Who needed or wanted a man who was constantly telling her what to do or fixing things in her life that weren’t broken?
Does she have any reason to believe that Clark would treat her that way?

Why did Clark always assume that she didn’t love him? That was where he jumped to first, every time.
Maybe because she doesn't act like she loves him... ?

Why couldn’t he have the confidence in himself to see that she was doing all this stuff with Luthor to save him from Lex?
Well, it helps if she actually conveys her intentions to him.

How in the world could Superman have such an underdog complex?
That's an entirely different question. She knows that he had a bad experience with a past fiancee. She should think that whatever happened there has something to do with his behavior. Once again, she's expecting him to cater to her demands and whims and put every consideration for her first when she's not even remotely willing to do the same for him. She completely ignores his point of view and the impact her actions have on him.

This Lois is quite the narcissist.

Then Lois remembered something she hadn’t consciously thought about over the past month. Clark had been engaged before. Clark had been engaged to a woman he had dated for nine years, and who had dumped him practically at the altar. A woman who played mean, rotten, nasty mind games on him. He had finally started to get over that horrible woman with her. And what did Lois do? She played mean, rotten, nasty mind games with him. She had kept their relationship a secret, while going out publicly with another man. Lois pressed the heels of her hands into her eyes. Why had she done that to him?
Hooray!!!!!!!!!! You've redeemed her (somewhat - pending her acting on her epiphany)!

Not only would it screw up her chances to go deep undercover as Lex’s fiancée,
Do it, Clark, do it!

it could reveal Clark’s secret to one of the last people on Earth who should have that information.
Ok, maybe hold off.

How did she distance herself from someone or something, but not to the point that Lex would want to get rid of it for her?
"...There's this guy who's been stalking me, and he's really creepy, and I wish Lex could get rid of him for me. He lives in that tall tower in the middle of the city..."

Maybe if I sent her into a long-term alcohol recovery center…
Lex: Done and done.

Perhaps talking to oneself in the third person wasn’t the best way to convince someone she was sane.
Why do people in stories and TV and whatnot always cite talking to oneself as a sign of craziness? Everyone talks to themselves. Maybe some people don't actually do it out loud, but my guess is that it's rare for someone to never talk out loud to oneself.

“I need to go down there today and apply, before I reply to Lex. Who do I know there who will give me a good reference?” she asked herself honestly.

Nobody, most likely, was the correct answer. They were all jealous of her zeal and results.
... Then wouldn't they want her on their side...?

So what happens when Lois's resignation is actually processed, and once she's done messing around at LNN, the DP board won't let Perry re-hire her because she's unstable?

So at the end, she's still on the phone...? Or did she hang up before she yelled at Superman? It looks like she's still on the phone, so what is Lex going to make of her outburst? The way she phrased it, it doesn't quite fit in the conversation. Maybe that won't matter to him.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)