-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Despite all his heavy listening
JOHN: Is that sort of like heavy breathing?
Hmmm. That phrase is a bit awkward. I changed "heavy" to "focused".

Why did he ever do that?
My guess is that Perry struck up a conversation with Willie one day outside the DP and Willie mentioned to Perry that he used to work in the building when he was younger. During the course of their conversation, Willie mentions he's seeking employment, and Perry offers to recommend him to HR.

It seems a bit odd that Perry calls her by her last name. Unless he figures he should be more formal with an outsider present.
On occasion, Perry does call Lois by her last name. He's talking about her credentials as a reporter and he usually calls all his (male) staff by their last names, so that's why he's doing so here.

They had to admit that was possible. Clark turned and looked down through the floors, but Willie wasn’t at his desk.
JOHN: sometimes it seems that Clark never really benefits from having his powers.
The reason Willie isn't at his desk is because he's talking to Asabi at the front doors. Clark could scan the whole building for him, but it might be a bit obvious.

I wonder what Alice thought of this. I was re-watching the Pilot recently and thought it was odd that Alice was not with Perry at the White Orchid Ball. I am not sure she was even mentioned at all before "Pheremone My Lovely".
Alice could have been there, but since they used two different actresses to play her in S3 & S4, we might not have recognized her. What What was odd was that Jimmy AND Cat AND Lois AND Perry AND CLARK were all there. That seems excessive for one newspaper. I could see Perry being there as an obligation as his status of editor of the DP, but both Cat and Jimmy seemed extra since Lois and Clark were there, especially since Jimmy didn't have his camera, he was there just socially... as an gofer. The only other explanation of the lack of Alice was that she had a prior commitment (family) or had gotten sick, so Perry brought Jimmy instead.

Lois:Clark, you had better not plan to ditch me for the office like Perry does his wife.

Clark:What are you talking about Lois.

Lois:Ah, nothing, let's move on.
Don't worry, he'll ditch her for his other job more often.

Another thing is with the printing plant apparently in the same building as the newspapers offices, at least that was my impression from "Barbarians at the Planet", I would think that this indicates that there are probably printers in the building, I would think based on when they "put the paper to bed" some of the printing would be done over night.
Most of the printing would be done overnight. But it was my understanding that the printing rooms were in the sub-basement, which is why everyone from that level are running UP the stairs when the bomb explodes. It would also explain why the DP building is so short, since most of it's floors are underground.

Is she trying to throw Luthor off how much time she spends with Clark, or is she just embarrassed that it makes it sound like she lacks a social life?
The latter.

Well, Willie is fairly new. He might have been highered since Lois began spending more time with Lex.
Willie was released from prison at least 10 months previously as Fuentes says that he's been planning this job that long.

he is being smart and complimenting her, in a way that really respects her, instead of Luthor's shallow compliments.
Also, Clark believes his words.

“Put it back on,” he said back.
JOHN: Clark, you need to ask nice.
The dialogue from the first part of this conversation with Lois was the same as Clark's conversation with Jack in canon.

Clark really needs to tell Lois about his other dimension. If she understands why he is so worried about her dying, she probably still won't like his over-protectiveness, but they can discuss better what to do about it.
Unfortunately, this is neither the time nor the place.

why is he being such a lunkhead. He was doing so good, and now destroys everything.
Again, canon Clark was just as rude to Jack.

If only he would learn and not act this way in the future. I have my doubts.
LOIS: He's young enough to still be trainable.

I think that should be "about the room".
Thanks, fixed!

He needs to think before acting more.
[Linked Image]

Clark: But I got us out of the messenger hangar alive.

Lois:Sure, and you probably had the suit by then, so you could have changed to being Superman and saved me without us nearly dieing.

Clark: dizzy
Wouldn't *that* have surprised Dr. Baines?

DR. BAINES: Who's the stud in the tights?
SUPERMAN: I'm Superman!
DR. BAINES: You sure are, honey, but what's with the outfit?
LOIS: It accents the good stuff.
CLARK: *Lois!*

Now he is just being petty.
No, well, maybe, but he's angry about her not telling him about her date with Lex.

Why did Clark not counter offer with a more local place to spend time together, instead of just giving up altogether on spending time with Lois. I understand why Lois does not want to spend time with Clark in Metropolis, but I do not understand why Clark did not even try to arrange such. Plus, he has spent so much time with Linda this week, he is lucky Lois is not even more mad at him.
Clark was busy working on his undercover assignment with Linda at the Met Star and didn't know if his investigation would be completed by that weekend.

Clark:If you expect me to buy that this was just a friendly trip to the opera, I have a bridge to sell you along with some prime real estate in Florida.
LOIS: Why would I want to own a bridge?

Lois:Not until you put a ring on it.
Well, a handcuff is round.

Lois is willing to consider spending time with Clark a good thing.
She knows it can be.

Because he likes being connected to Lois.
Yep, not thinking with his brain... cause he was thinking with his heart. [Linked Image] And you all I thought I meant something else!

So he would have left Lois free to run off to Lex.
LOIS: I'm not running to Lex. razz I freed myself, because he can free himself just by flexing his wrist.

Lois:Don't be silly. Clark can break out of chains. I saw him do it at the Messenger hangar.

Clark:No you didn't, otherwise you would not have treated me like scum while being gaga for my alter ego.

Lois:Well, I saw the results of you breaking the chain, I just did not understand it at the time.
CLARK: Anyway, I didn't break the chains. It had a missing link.

LOIS: Hey, just like you.

sad at Perry interrupting their private conversation.
Perry knew if he noticed them whispering to one another, so would Lex... so he was warning them that others could hear.

This always seemed an odd line in canon. It is not like this is even the first time she was kidnapped.
Technically, they've been held hostage at work, not kidnapped... and it's probably the first time that has happened.

sad that he did not pass out in a way that no one noticed.
Now, who's the evil one?

I guess this is more a result of them being chained than Lois caring at all for Lex.
Yes.

This sounds like Lois is coming close to revealing that she knows.
Except that it's canon dialogue.

“What do you want me to do, Lois? As you quite aptly pointed out, I’m not Superman,” Clark returned.
Lois:I lied.
razz ugh. No. Unless fury counts as a feeling.

Is it that she realizes that not saving Luthor will eat away at him, or is it that she wants to brake open her investigation of Luthor, not have him die and derail it. Although, actually if he dies it will probably make it easier for her to investigate, so I think only the not wanting this to canker Clark's soul really works.
A bit of both.

It would be just deserts. However with this really being a clone, I guess maybe I should not root for his death. I am highly conflicted on this. I guess in the long run Lois and Clark will be better off if Luthor does not die here and now, but in the short run it would make things so much better.
Yes, not fair to punish the clone for Lex's evil deeds. As for the other stuff... [Linked Image]

He would just be judge, the terrorists are the executioners.
But I thought the whole Princess Diana controversy proved that you're just as guilty if you watch someone die, when you're able to help and don't do anything.

But if she also fully learns what Luthor has done to her, would she still want him to live?
Lois's motivation will be explained during her POV.

I doubt that would be suspected. If he were really jealous of Luthor, he could just show Lois his Super side. Hmmm, this is why I never understood "Barbarians at the Planet". Clark knows Lois is considering marrying Luthor. Clark loves Lois. Clark knows Lois loves his Super side. Thus, Clark should reveal his Super side to Lois, and get her to go for him. OK, in the long run that would not have been as satisfying and may have ended with the show ending at the end of Season 1 with Clark and Lois getting married. Hmm, OK, I guess in the long run Clark made the right decision, at least to tell Lois that CK loved her. I am still thinking he should just have not shown up as SM, he made things worse. He should have gone and found an earthquake to help with. I am very conflicted about his claim he had lied about loving her. I see where he was coming from, but I still think it was stupid. It made him seem almost as manipulative as Luthor.
If you've ever watched the Julia Robert's film Notting Hill, she explains Clark's dilemma really well. (If you haven't, sorry for the spoiler.)
Anna Scott (Julia Roberts): Rita Hayworth used to say, "They go to bed with Gilda; they wake up with me."

William (Hugh Grant): Who's Gilda?

Anna Scott: Her most famous part. Men went to bed with the dream; they didn't like it when they would wake up with the reality.
That's what canon Clark's afraid of, that Lois will regret getting involved with Superman because Clark Kent doesn't live up to that image and she won't stick around to be with him.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.