This is my second attempt at FDKing this section. My first one had too many smiles, and got rejected, and then I lost it.

Clark, then, coughed to cover his lingering smile. If only Lois were controllable, he thought, and then he realized that she wouldn’t be Lois then, she’d be someone else.
dance he has realized the truth that Lois is best the way she is. Too bad it has taken this long to realize she can't be controlled, and he still has not internalized it enough.

“I got it, CK!” Jimbo volunteered, pulling his cousin across the room and back again as he fetched the items.
It dawned on me today that having two Jimmy's makes some later developments in the show make sense. It may actually make Jimmy's statement about how long he has worked at the Planet in "AKA Superman" work. At least if we accept the way we see two Jimmys here. The issue it clearly resolves is the Chief telling Jimmy that Clark's piece on retirement homes that won the Kerth was Jimmy's first photo spread. That always seemed a bit odd with the number of pictures of Superman Jimmy snapped in the Pilot.

It would keep them distracted as he tried to come up with an escape plan.
frown that Clark is not able to work with Lois on this. Although it is mainly his fault.

Maybe someone had noticed something he hadn’t.
I think he is getting very prideful.

“I don’t care. Both of you take notes. Just shut up!” Lois demanded.
It is good to have someone around who can solve problems.

“I don’t think they’re regular terrorists,” Clark said,
What is a regular terrorist?

“They were looking at blueprints of the Daily Planet building before the sprinkler went off.”
Focus on the details first, not the terminology.

“The building?” Perry repeated in dismay. “There isn’t anything of intrinsic value here at the Planet, except its employees and my Elvis box. Everything else is replaceable.” He said
Lois:At least he mentioned us before the Elvis box. I am glad he does not have the attitude of some of upper management, they seem to think employees are easily replaceable.

“They could be using the blueprints to lay traps for the police or to set detonation devices,” Luthor suggested.
That seems excessive. Just place the bombs.

Clark and Perry exchanged a look. They hated to admit it, but it was possible.
frown that Clark is exchanging looks with Perry and not Lois.

John Pack Lambert