“What are you guys talking about over there?” Perry asked, breaking into Clark’s thoughts.
frown at Perry interrupting their private conversation.

“About how exciting it is to be in the belly of the beast, Perry,” Lois said, lying through her teeth.
This always seemed an odd line in canon. It is not like this is even the first time she was kidnapped.

Once more Lois amazed Clark with her ability to think on her feet.
I guess being amazed is good.

“Okay, Lex. So, you don’t share my enthusiasm,” Lois teased. “But you don’t have to fall asleep on me.”

Luthor groaned.
frown that he did not pass out in a way that no one noticed.

Clark stood up, and pushed his chair away. Lois was right there with him as they both went to Luthor’s side.
I guess this is more a result of them being chained than Lois caring at all for Lex.

“Well, don’t just stand there. Do something!” Lois demanded.
This sounds like Lois is coming close to revealing that she knows.

“What do you want me to do, Lois? As you quite aptly pointed out, I’m not Superman,” Clark returned.
Lois:I lied.

Lois looked at her partner directly in the eye. “Superman would never let someone die. If there was any way he could save him, Clark, he would.”
Why is she trying to guilt him into saving Luthor. Wouldn't it be easier for her if Luthor died. Or is she beginning to have fealings for the scumbag, despite everything he has done to her?

Is it that she realizes that not saving Luthor will eat away at him, or is it that she wants to brake open her investigation of Luthor, not have him die and derail it. Although, actually if he dies it will probably make it easier for her to investigate, so I think only the not wanting this to canker Clark's soul really works.

“It’s a through shot, I think,” Clark stammered, returning his gaze to Luthor’s shoulder so that he wouldn’t have to see in Lois’s eyes her undying admiration for Superman.
frown that Clark does not realize this is respect for him.

Tempted as Clark was not to do anything to help the man, and allow Luthor’s own selfish folly be his downfall,
It would be just deserts. However with this really being a clone, I guess maybe I should not root for his death. I am highly conflicted on this. I guess in the long run Lois and Clark will be better off if Luthor does not die here and now, but in the short run it would make things so much better.

Clark knew he couldn’t take on the role of judge, jury, and executioner of Lex Luthor without losing Lois’s respect.
He would just be judge, the terrorists are the executioners.

Perhaps not on this day, but as soon as he finally told her the truth about being Superman, she would realize there might have been more that he could have done to try to save Luthor’s life.
But if she also fully learns what Luthor has done to her, would she still want him to live?

In addition, Clark didn’t want Lois to believe he would let Luthor die out of jealousy.
I doubt that would be suspected. If he were really jealous of Luthor, he could just show Lois his Super side. Hmmm, this is why I never understood "Barbarians at the Planet". Clark knows Lois is considering marrying Luthor. Clark loves Lois. Clark knows Lois loves his Super side. Thus, Clark should reveal his Super side to Lois, and get her to go for him. OK, in the long run that would not have been as satisfying and may have ended with the show ending at the end of Season 1 with Clark and Lois getting married. Hmm, OK, I guess in the long run Clark made the right decision, at least to tell Lois that CK loved her. I am still thinking he should just have not shown up as SM, he made things worse. He should have gone and found an earthquake to help with. I am very conflicted about his claim he had lied about loving her. I see where he was coming from, but I still think it was stupid. It made him seem almost as manipulative as Luthor.

John Pack Lambert