Lois turned Clark to face her again, grabbing hold of his shoulders.
More touching, yeah. Although, how does she do that with the hand cuffs on?

“Clark, he will die if we don’t do something and do it now.” Her tone of voice and the expression in her eyes told him that she knew this to be a certainty.
She had another vision. Although I am not sure why she is so pleading for Luthor's life, considering a-what he has done to her, b-if he dies, she can stop being undercover. Plus his death will save the planet. Although I guess she does not know that.

Tempting, but alas, no. “It’s just a remedy I learned from a Borneo medicine man…” Clark explained vaguely.
I still wonder if he was in Sarawak, Sabah, Brunei or Indonesian Borneo.

The remedy was a great way to distract everyone from what he was actually doing, which he also learned from the medicine man.
So it is not the remedy per se, but how he uses it. That makes more sense. It always seemed oddly coincidental that they just happened to have the specific things he needed in the room. Although I guess TV shows thrive on odd coincidents. If they didn't, you would have too high a cast turn over in action shows.

“This better not kill him, Clark,” Lois warned
Why would Lois find Luthor dying bad. It seems a win situation for her.

It wouldn’t kill Luthor, but it would sting like the dickens.
Still too good of treatment for the jerk.

The pain roused Luthor from unconsciousness. “Kent?” he murmured.
I'm surprised the clone remembers Clark's name.

After all the misery Lois had endured when Luthor had shot her, she deserved to be the one to administer Luthor’s pain now.
I just hope she is thinking of it that way.

“No, wait. You should do it. Since you have your right hand free, you’ll have an easier time pouring it than me.
frown that he did not point out the real reason he changed his mind.

Luthor’s eyes stared at Clark’s in confusion
Too bad with him being mostly out, Clark will not see this as a sign that this is not Luthor. Plus Luthor is so condescending and rude to others, he might have forgotten he shot Lois.

Lois set down the cup and rubbed Clark’s arm in gratitude.
hyper she is touching him. Although, I am not sure why she is grateful Luthor lived. It almost seems she really does care for the scumbag.

“Grab the first aid kit, Lois. Let’s put a new bandage on him,” Clark recommended.
Why is Clark creating more ways for Lois and Luthor to touch?

Lois handed Clark the first aid kit, and then knelt down beside Luthor.
frown that she is connecting with Luthor.

“It’s not your fault, Lex. They shouldn’t have shot you,” she said.
Although it is his fault he tried to run. I am surprised they did not shot him dead for sure.

“No, Lois. I’m sorry I failed you,” Luthor said softly, running his hand over her head and pulling her into his embrace.
gag, sick, hyper she is thanking Clark.

Clark didn’t want her gratitude. Saving Luthor might have been the right thing to do, but who knew how many people would now die because this man had lived?
But if he thinks like that he will be back to Superman letting gang members thrown into the canals drown. Superman is not responsible for the decisions made by those he saved. If he saved someone going on a killing spree from being hit by a bullet or a falling random rock, maybe, but other than that, no.

John Pack Lambert