Lois glanced at him, realized his predicament, and dropped her hand under the table.
I am surprised she did not say "you can handle it, Superman." OK, I guess not really, but it would have been fun. OK, not with Lex there, but still.

“This is just great. Just great,” she grumbled, switching her drumming fingers to her other hand. “Remind me to thank Cat for keeping a stash of handcuffs in her desk drawer.”
Now Cat is really being made the badguy.

They all turned to look at Luthor. Clark wondered if they were as thrilled by his selfish actions as he was. How in the hell was Clark supposed to save them with Lois tied to his wrist? He didn’t even know how he’d accomplish the impossible without anyone discovering his secret, least of all, Lex Luthor.
Is it better to let someone die or reveal his secret?

“How are you doing, Lex?” Lois asked, peering past Perry to look at her date.
frown that she is showing any concern for him.

“We should have been handcuffed together, Lois. We’re here together.”
Shows that the attackers understand proper pairing better than Luthor. They paired everyone with their proper equivalent. The two old guys, the two young people, and the two people of a between age.

“I guess, they thought with you shot, Clark could control me better,” Lois replied tersely, lacing her fingers with Clark’s and squeezing his hand under the table.
smile1 she is squeezing his hand.

“Oh, Lois, you’re priceless,” Jimmy said once he got hold of himself, patting her free hand on the table with his. “Nobody can control you.”
Lois:I just wish some men in my life would recognize that.

“I have no idea what they’re talking about, my dear. You’re perfectly amiable,” Luthor interjected.
Lois:Is Luthor that out of touch with reality, or did his brain get wrecked when he fell over?

Clark, then, coughed to cover his lingering smile. If only Lois were controllable, he thought, and then he realized that she wouldn’t be Lois then, she’d be someone else.
smile1 He finally realizes the truth.

John Pack Lambert