Lois was sitting next to Jimmy and was now locked to Clark’s right wrist. Due to Lois’s attitude and their earlier conflict, their handcuffs were looped through the armrests of both of their chairs.
Lois is tied to Clark!! party (For some reason I've found this idea a bit of a kink lately... Um.... tmi? peep )

“I guess, they thought with you shot, Clark could control me better,” Lois replied tersely, lacing her fingers with Clark’s and squeezing his hand under the table.
Awwww.... And the reason it's become a bit of a kink for me.

“Well, usually, this place is like a tomb on Saturday nights,” Lois said.

Clark nudged her shoulder and smiled. “We’ve spent many a Saturday night investigating here.”

Lois returned his smile. “Good times. Nothing like a quiet newsroom to get down to the nitty-gritty of a story. I’m here most…” She cleared her throat. “Uh… many a Saturday night… er… when I’m not busy.”
Again, awwwww. Also, I'm sure a few in that hostage situation are thinking "I don't know if I want to know what those two are up to here on Saturday nights."

“I’m not going to let you do it!” Clark said, grabbing her wrist and snapping the handcuff back on it.

Lois sucked on her top teeth and leveled a glare at him so deadly that Clark realized ‘let’ was the wrong word ever to use with Lois.
Oooooo... Clark... Here Lois, let me. *looks for the "whacking another over the head with a bat icon but can't find it*)

He glanced back down at their joined wrists, still tangled up with the chairs, and smiled sheepishly. Ooops. “I didn’t…”

“No, you didn’t. Now, I’ve got to unlock it all over again,” she said, elbowing him in the ribs. “This time, let me get a word in edgewise, would ya? Just because Superman isn’t here, in this room, doesn’t mean you have to take on all of his duties and go off half-cocked, as you did in the Messenger Hangar, and be the hero without a plan of attack. Look what good it did Lex.”
Go Lois! He needs to hear this. It's obvious that your comment wasn't enough.

“Well, I don’t think…”

“Clearly!” she said, interrupting him.

“At least, when I say I’m working on my taxes, I’m really working on my taxes,” he countered.

“For your information, Einstein, I finished my taxes this afternoon,” she said. The handcuffs clicked open once more in time for her to jab him in the chest with her finger. “And I’d appreciate it if you would recall that my weekend plans were canceled for no good reason. Therefore, I wouldn’t comment, if I were you, when I say ‘yes’ to someone else asking me to join him for an opera I’ve never seen before.”

“Are you finished?” Clark asked, taking the paperclip away from her and tossing it back on the floor.

“Hardly,” Lois replied.

Clark grabbed her wrist and snapped the now free handcuff around it. “Guess you’re stuck with me.”
All the more reason for the office to believe they're squabbling lovers.

“How did they do that?” Jimbo asked. “It’s like magic. One moment, they’re attached to the chairs; the next they’re free. Amazing!”

“Cuz, one thing you learn when you work with Lois and CK: nothing is impossible,” Jimmy replied.
Yup. One can pick locks and the other is Superman.

Tempted as Clark was not to do anything to help the man, and allow Luthor’s own selfish folly be his downfall, Clark knew he couldn’t take on the role of judge, jury, and executioner of Lex Luthor without losing Lois’s respect.
Especially since she knows... even if he doesn't know she does.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)