Originally posted by John Lambert:
JOHN: I guess it makes sense to have the clone in the Ark.
EW: The better to keep him safe and out of mischief.
JOHN: I was more thinking it makes it so Lex does not have to spend as much time there.
That too. Lex is so lucky to have a clone to take over any of his extra duties.

I think Lois did come off too much as a shallow gold digger. Especially since Lex was old enough to be her father. The relationship never seemed to work. That is one think I liked about the late 1990s Superman animated series. Lex was younger, and we learned in the first episode that Lois had dumped him.
I wish it were available on Netflix instant list. I've been wanting to watch it.

Clark:What, I thought everyone knew that Superman and Lois were in some sort of relationship. Maybe I am doing better than I thought.
CANON LOIS: Nope, Superman flies in saves me, steals my heart, and flies out again. Then Clark stumbles out, straightening his tie, having missed the action once again.

Maybe, but it still might fail, and spectacularly so. If Lex is all like "I am showing preference to you, and don't want others to know I prefer one person here", but she goes and tells her friend anyway, who says "well, I slept with Lex yesterday, and he fed me the same line", they might decide to take some revenge.
Perhaps he uses more traditional techniques for keeping a woman quiet, such as "if you tell someone about us, then they will all get jealous and turn against you, ruining the community feeling of the Ark and I will have to deny it to keep the peace. Let us keep it quiet for a while longer, until they are ready to accept you as my mistress."

Thus, I think that in the long run, if this is the entirety or most of humanity, it would be best to not have Lex mass impregnating a large section of the population. Maybe from a purely clinical standpoint Muldoon's plan works, but that is all I can say for it. Still, I know Lex is evil, and what I wish on others, even in fiction, is controlled by that.
Correction: there was only room for 200 in the Ark, so roughly 100 are women. Yes, Muldoon's plans are clinical, but she's trying to be practical and not naive.

JOHN: Lex needs to realize the failure of Lois to join him is not conditioned on the asteroid not striking.
EW: He realizes this, but he blames Superman.
JOHN: Even though it is his own creepiness that has caused it.
Most people cannot see their own greatest faults.

EW: He doesn't care what she thinks.
JOHN: Which is why he will fail.
LOIS: Do you think it's possible he might fail, because I find him repugnant and I'm already in love with a man who is the antithesis of him?
LEX: So, you're in love with someone who is stupid and ugly. I always knew there was something going on between you and Kent!
LOIS: I think you mean I'm in love with someone who is a gorgeous hunk of a muscled man with wit and kindness.
CLARK: Are you cheating on me with someone, Lois?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

But it would be a way for her to let him know that she knows The Secret.
Ah... but there is always plenty of opportunity for that, isn't there? /crickets/ No, oh. Well, that's too bad.

I actually am OK with him driving, but it seems an odd set of objections and an inconsistent policy to not drive here. Unless he was seeking to go in the car with Lois all along. Where they evidently did not talk much.
CLARK: I wanted to be with Lois. I didn't want her to crash the car by telling her my secret.
LOIS: Is *that* what you think about my driving skills?
CLARK: There is no way to answer that question honestly without getting kicked out of the car while it's moving, is there?

CLARK: I knew John would like this plan.
JOHN: Hmm, am I that predictable?
Let's see John evil and keeps Lois + Clark apart or so that they can't talk whenever they are together, and they rarely touch.
LOIS: Yea! It's not our fault.
CLARK: Is anything ever *your* fault?
LOIS: You sleeping on the couch for the next year is *your* fault for saying that.
CLARK: Touche`

EW: There's a world to save. So, later, when their lives are nice and quiet.
JOHN: At the rate things are going that sounds like it will never happen.
They will discover the irony of this desire eventually.

EW: I noticed in IoM that Clark looked a little hot and sweaty, so I was trying to find an explanation for this. In MoSB, Clark admitted to sweating while nervous, which is kind of the reason I found.
JOHN: I thought it was more Lois noticed him sweating while nervous. I don't think he ever explained that was what was going on, so I am not sure "admitted" is the right word.
CANON CLARK: Okay, fine. The truth is I had some unpure thoughts about Lois and then she turned and looked at me and I was hoping to God that she couldn't read my mind telepathically and know what I was thinking about and that made me sweat. Phew. I feel better having gotten that off my chest. Thanks.
LOIS: So, you have unpure thoughts about me, Smallville?
CLARK: [Linked Image] I have no idea what you're talking about.

Another reason Lois should tell him she knows the Secret. Although he would probably still have been wise to have not gotten a quote then. It was not imperative, and since the EPRAD people though "talk to Clark to contact Superman" he probably wants to get fewer SM quotes.
CLARK: I'd much rather have the story be about the crime and it having been stopped than about SM and what I... *he* has to say.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.