he hadn’t seen Lois since she bolted from the Daily Planet roof on Thursday afternoon…
frown That he is not seeing Lois.

True to her word, Lois had called and left a message on his answering machine…
So he did get a new tape?

but he doubted this one could come true without word from Herb.
It is odd that he does not seek more for the fulfillment of her visions in the past than the future.

Clark also made sure not spend any time in the woods, not that ‘Superman’ was supposed to have disappeared from a forest anyway.
Hmm, how would he know that? He had no clue where true Clark was when he was erased from the time line. Although, the more I think about it, the only way for it to make sense at all that he was erased from the time line is if he was somehow back in time when it happened, otherwise how could an event in the past only at some point effect the future?

when Lois waltzed into the newsroom from the stairwell as bright and cheerful as a daisy.
grumble pesky watch interrupting everything. At least this time he doesn't say anything about it.

I’ll meet you over there to help… well, give my moral support at least.”
At least Lois is realistic in admitting she had no computer abilities.

“Sure, Lois,” Clark said, wishing that they could go together. “Except that I don’t have a valid driver’s license, and the taxis have started price-gouging.”
Lois:That's OK, you can use your other identity when you get Eugene out of jail.

“Tell me about it. That’s why I drove this morning. I really doubt that the police will be pulling you over today, Clark. Their hands are pretty full with higher priority emergencies,”
That would not deter family members of mine from driving. Although, if Clark feels this much that it is important to have a license to drive, why did he drive in the past when his license was not valid in this dimension. Although, has he ever driven in this dimension. As far as I remember all the driving we have seen has been done by Lois. That was not the case in canon, but I think it may be the case here in wrong Clark.

Lois nudged his shoulder and gave him a grin,
dance they are touching.

No, they aren’t. He stared at her with disbelief. “Why don’t we give your article a read-through together, and then I’ll type it up for you? That way you can drive us,” he suggested.
I like this plan, mainly because I like anything that causes Lois and Clark to spend more time together.

“I stopped by your apartment after I left the courthouse last night,” Lois murmured, turning slightly towards him.
frown that he had to be out rescuing people. They could have finally had the much needed conversation.

Their lips were close enough for him to feel her breath on them.
You are probably going to be "stop being so picky", but I think this sentence would work better as "feel her breath on his". The item discussed is "their lips" and Clark only feels her breath on his lips. I do like the imagery though.

which gave me the notion of freedom to be myself that I haven’t felt a long time.
That should probably be "in a long time" or "for a long time". You need some another word there for it to flow.

A part of me loves it and wishes I could live in the safety of the darkness with you for a few more days.”
dance she wants to live with Clark.

“I’m fine,” he said, standing up to combat his temptation to join their lips together, the story be damned.
But this story would be so much more fun if he would give in to the temptation.

“Oh, no! I’ll never forget it, Lois. Do you think documented proof of you being wrong falls into my lap on a daily basis?” he scoffed. “This is a once in a lifetime opp…” He started to laugh and back away when she slapped his arm.
I am glad he is trying to laugh about it. Although it might be a little to not acknowledging how truly scared Lois was by her memories.

He stopped laughing, realizing how that memory must have affected her. “I’m sorry.”
I am glad he is now taking it more seriously.

“No, no…” he admitted hesitantly, before clearing his throat and lowering his voice. “I asked Dr. Novak, the hypnotist from the Magic Club, to come in and deprogram him.”
dance Dr. Novak is still alive.

Clark shook his head. “Jimmy volunteered himself to help Perry with some upcoming spring cleaning.”
I like how things make more sense now, with later actions being caused by previous agreements.

Clark was tempted to throw caution to the wind and kiss her, right here on the newsroom floor,
Do it, Do it!

Although, how or why she thought separating herself from his presence would ‘save’ his life more than being with him would, still confounded him, he had honored her request.
This from the guy who almost broke up with her to protect her.

I wasn’t even thinking specifically of him, either. I was just trying to joke about us saving the world and it just started to slip out.”
I guess this is a workable situation, still I was so hoping she was going to tell Clark that she knows.

“Your modesty,” she went on wryly, standing up.
Superman modest? I was going to say the guy is the antithesis of modesty, but that might be a bit much. Still, using the name "Superman" does not work with being modest, it is an overt sign of pride, even if it really does fit.

She rested her hands on his shoulders and started to rub them as he typed.
dance they are touching.

Perry:They are going to have a hard time convincing those who saw her do that that they are "just friends".

John Pack Lambert