I don't think they insisted more than they didn't believe him and he produced "proof".
I was expecting you to point out that that Clark had Lois to keep him from being too trusting.

But not enough to mention to Clark he had spent some nights during the last month with a female at the honeymoon suite.
And that can't happen if one is married? (Shouldn't, yes, but can't?)
Well, if Clark were married, the female involved might have been his wife. However, I was here going for the idea that Henderson could have told him he was somewhat close to Lois when he asked if he had a family. Although, Henderson probably does not know about the bombing there, so maybe he really could not have supplied such information.

The last time I think Henderson, Lois and Clark were all together was when they were trying to figure out who the Voyeur was (when Clark bought the lava lamps). At that point, Lois had just been shot and dumped by Superman. So she and Clark didn't, technically, have more than a "partnership / friendship" relationship going on.
But this Henderson did deal with the more recent break-in to Clark's apartment. Although maybe he avoided being anywhere with Lois and Clark at that point, at least enough to not see they were now fully in a relationship.

I guess I am remembering canon where Henderson brought in Lois when she had even less relationship with Clark. However I guess there they were not trying to pretend Clark was dead.

John Pack Lambert