Originally posted by John Lambert:
I was reading the spoilers and WHAM warning, and realized that due to something not having happened yet, we are not yet to "approximately halfway through the story". This would suggest this story will probably be at least about 180 parts.

Although, maybe the length after the unnamed event that has not happened is not actually equal to the amount of the story that precedes it. I mean "approximately half-way through" is fairly open.
Let me just say by way of disclaimer, John, that the WHAM warning was written when I'd only had less than 20 parts completed and did not yet have an estimate of how long this story will be. Some story threads / arcs (Lois getting shot, the Smallville Arc, and ASU Arc) took longer to move through than expected because they became meatier once I got down to it.

I currently estimate that half-way marker mentioned in the WHAM will probably happen anywhere between half-way to 2/3 the way through, otherwise we would probably hit over 200 parts and I think that would kill me. laugh I expect the story to move faster time-line wise, once we hit that marker (or at least once I finish writing the arc in which it is included). <<shrugs adorably>> but then again, I thought GEM would be under 10 parts.

At this point I'm currently working on parts 97 and 98 and don't even want to think 180 at the moment. [Linked Image]

Well, I guess it makes sense. However that does not make it less mind-numbingly boring.
Which is why he has taken this grand opportunity to stretch his creative muscles and daydream / night dream / fantasize with what he's been given.

Lois:What? <shock> Clark has no memories? How did this happen? I told Superman that if he went into space something horrible would happen to Clark, but did he listen to me, noo. He just had to go and do it because "he gave his workd". Whatever, maybe next time he will remember that it is best to take my advice.
rotflol

I guess most of the people who know about Chuck are in Smallville.
I thought that was Jerome.

I was more thinking that some of what was said, if Henderson read it, was supposed to make him think that Lois would not sneak in, if he figured it was from Lois.
LOIS: Possibly.

EW: That he's a good artist? <<being silly>>

JOHN: That Lois is beautiful.
CLARK: Duh!

So not a child of Clark too?
You would have to read the fic to find out. Michael doesn't like it when I drop spoilers in FDK threads.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.