Jimmy:What is he going to do when he gets "proceed with caution", start going at the posted minimum speed? Oh wait, these are country roads, ain't any such thing.
Paved roads have posted speed limit signs and even a few unpaved ones do.
Those are posted maximum speeds. Posted minimum speeds generally appear on freeways. They are lower in Iowa than in Illinois, apparently to accomade tractors going on the freeway, or at least that is my theory. A standard freeway in Michigan has 70 mph maximum, 45 mph minimum.

There was a reason for going through official channels. Plus, aren’t all 9-1-1 calls recorded?
I am not sure that would be th case in rural areas.

His father had a heart attack and Max took over as “Sheriff” because of that.
So when he runs in the next election he will run as "Your Lawrence County Sherrif" and strategically avoid "re-elect" in his campaign, like my local sherriff (who I hope gets ousted in the election tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath, for some reason lots of people around here like our arrogant county exec, who I refer to as "the king" since he essentially came to power through taking his fathers postion, and he supports the Sherriff, oh well, I can hope for change)

Isn’t it strange then that Joan over at the Smallville Market said that the Daily Planet had sold out the day that the first Superman article hit the front page.
Max: I said no one else reads the Daily Planet. Those others just buy it to look at the pictures. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Clark: Hmm, maybe we should cover more Smallville news in the DP, so we get even more Smallville readers.

Lois: You do that Chuck, and leave the Superman in Metropolis stories to me.

clap Er… yeah. And everyone wonders why Clark doesn’t talk about his past.
Lois: I don't. I am sure it is because he stole someone else's identity and has not worked out his full cover story.

John Pack Lambert