causing the bullet to hit Martha’s spade rather than Martha herself.
smile1 Martha didn't get hit.

Trask shifted the Kryptonite into the same hand as his pistol and, with some difficulty, finally pulled the rag from his mouth.
Clark:There goes my peace and quiet. If I am going to suffer from Kryptonite poisoning, I was hoping I wouldn't suffer from having to listen to the mad man rave as well.

Trask set the Krypto-rock down mere inches away from Jerome’s face. “No, you’re wrong.”
Not a very eloquent retort there, Trask. It tells us something that Clark in near-death pain is just as eloquent as Trask in near perfect health.

Jerome was still young and in love.
As opposed to M&J who are old and in love.

Jonathan didn’t want to his wife on that mission,
This line does not make sense to me. I am thinking there is some type of typo, but I am not sure what it is. You may have ment to put "send" between to and his, but I am not totally sure.

but they had to do something, and she was the only mobile person left on their team.
Wayne: Hopefully you guys have backups somewhere, otherwise we are doomed.

Jonathan: Well, Thomas was somewhere near here. I am not sure where though.

Trask picked up and moved the piece of meteorite to the center of Jerome’s back, and the man screamed out in pain as if the rock burned him even through his clothing.
So did Trask place the rock on Clark's clothing. This is bad, very bad.

“Maybe with this treatment you’ll end up a cripple, like dear ol’ dad,” he said, waving his gun around and stopping it when it pointed at them.
Clark: If only I could convince Trask that he was right in this view, and that it would be more of a victory to make SM a criple than to kill him outright.

“If you survive, which you won’t. I’ll make sure of that.”
Clark: Yeap, not an out yet.

“Are you telling me that these people risked their lives for you out of the goodness of their hearts?” Trask scoffed,
Martha: Yes, it is called human kindness, something you, Trask, lack.

Jonathan kept an eye on the small green stone, no bigger than half a hotdog, biding his time until Trask could be distracted enough.
Is there actually a relationship between the size of the Kryptonite and how much it hurts SM?

Martha bent down to inspect Wayne’s wound, taking a moment to palm the green stone,
smile1 Martha has gotten it away. Clark just might live.

Jonathan pointed at the tackle box and Martha nodded, quickly crossing to it and locking the offending rock inside.
Yes, Clark's chances of surviving went up even more.

John Pack Lambert