The radio in the patrol car crackled. “Sheriff, we’ve got a report of a shooting over at the Kent Farm. Proceed with caution.”
Max hears "go slow, very slow".

Jimmy’s eyes widened. Were they too late?
Well, Jimmy has reason to believe 4 people are there. It sounds like one or two have been shot. They still can intervene some.

Probably, with the speed this idiot was going.
Jimmy:What is he going to do when he gets "proceed with caution", start going at the posted minimum speed? Oh wait, these are country roads, ain't any such thing.

Or had that Hank guy arrived to kick some butt already?
We can only hope.

The sheriff picked up the CB and answered, “On my way. Send Jacobs over as well. We need to arrest Hank Jessup for interfering in a police investigation.”
But he started the police investigation. Shouldn't he get some reward for that? OK, I know that is not how Max works, but it would be the logical thing to do.

“There wouldn’t be a police investigation without Hank,” mumbled Jimmy from the back seat.
Well, could Max just ignore Thomas' call for help?

“Negative on the copter, Darlene. You know they’ll charge us if it isn’t medically necessary. Let’s let me check out things first,” Sheriff Harris responded.
Wayne: help who let this guy become sherriff anyway? I am lbeeding to death here.

[Quote“That’s Sheriff Harris to you, Darlene,[/Quote]

Thomas: Just be glad she did not call you darling.

unless you want to go back to slinging hash for Maisie,” roared Sheriff Harris.
Darlene: Nah, most days are OK. If we have another day like today, I am not so sure though.

“How in the hell did you ever get elected?” Jimmy asked. “You must be the most selfish self-important lawman I’ve ever seen, and I’m from Metropolis.”
Was he elected, or did he just take over the duties for his incapacitated father?

“Darlene, with our luck Irig will already be dead before we arrive, and we’ll still be stuck with the bill,” grumbled the sheriff.
Clark: Nah, Max, you can not get rid of your enemies that easily.

“You do realize that everything you’re saying is in the presence of a reporter, don’t you?” Jimmy taunted with his own form of Miranda rights.
Max: Lie I care. No one around here excpet the Kents read the Daily Planet and they won't support me whatever you say, so I have nothing to fear from you.

He would ask CK about writing up an article for the Smallville paper about this dude and his lack of respect for the citizens of his county.
Of course this is assuming the free press has survived the reign of terror of Max at all.

“Don’t threaten me, city boy. Anyway, nobody will believe you. We protect our own around here,” replied the sheriff.

“Could’ve fooled me,” Jimmy mumbled under his breath.
hyper Lois survived the explosion. I am glad you told us this part before Clark seeing it and thinking Lois must be dead.

John Pack Lambert