Well,

I think this particular pet peeve of mine concerns a very local phenomenon.

Here, whenever you arrive at a mall or even a cafe you will be delayed by a guard who checks to make sure you don't have any weapons and/or bombs on you.

I'm really fine with that part - after all they are there for everyone's safety and this method works.

The annoying thing is when I reach Jerusalem by bus. Again, when you enter the station you go through a short security check which includes either the guard waving an impressive wand around you and going through your bag/large purse/world traveler backpack or going through one of those electro-magnetic gates (like the ones you have at an airport) and having your pack (whatever size) x-rayed.

No big deal right?

Well, it is when people get involved in the process!

All this equipment has been there for at least a year but still people try to go through the electronic gate with:
  • change in their pockets
  • with their cell phone in their pocket or hung around their necks
  • with keys in their pocket
  • or (and this is my favorite) while talking on their cell phone!

Just get everything organized before you reach the station!

Oh, and the best part: some people complain about these safety precautions and the delay and later you see them holding up the line with one, or all of the listed above acts of stupidity.

That's it for now, I think.
Avia (who is traveling to Jerusalem, by bus, this evening)

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05