I know I'm late to the party, but I'll add my little whine and cheese.

Hate, hate, hate HATE line jumpers (or queue jumpers for you UK folk). grumble

The other day I was waiting in a rather long line to pay a toll on the highway (don't get me started on highway tolls). I was about four cars from the pay booth when some yahoo comes zooming up between my line and the line just to my left, only to cut in my line when the big concrete barrier gave him no other choice. The car in front of me let him get in front of her. I don't know if I could have gathered my outraged wits enough to stop him but I would have let him hit my car before getting in front of me.

Or yesterday, when I was waiting patiently in the marked line for pick-up at the pharmacy. There were two clerks helping customers, but rather than line up behind a specific clerk, there was one line that fed to the next available clerk. I was next. This woman in one of those electric-motorized chairs came zipping up next to me, clearly expecting to use the clerk in front of her despite the fact that I'd been waiting patiently for 10 minutes to be helped. Thankfully the clerk she was waiting for called me to the counter when her customer finished up.

It's a crowded world. Those out there who think they are oh-so-much more important than the rest of us and therefore shouldn't have to wait can kiss my grits!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah