Interesting, Roo -- I wouldn't have thought that cards were slowing things down. From my end (when the machines work) it's just as fast if not faster. Though I used to do credit card sales (back in prehistoric times of the late 80s razz to Telewest. I hate being at the mercy of someone else's idea of the things I ought to watch. We got a Tivo for Christmas, which is cool, but not quite as cool as I thought it'd be. I mostly wanted it because of Sci-Fi Fridays, where they show Stargate and Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica back-to-back. Meanwhile Monk is on USA, and we'd like to watch that, too. But you can't record two things at once. And the first time we tried it, it recorded Stargate and BG, but *not* Atlantis. Stupid thing thought that its schedule conflicted with Stargate, and therefore it dropped Atlantis. And while it's played again later that night (this is cable, after all) apparently the nifty Season Pass feature doesn't understand when you want to capture the second showing of something. We'll work around it -- you can set it to manually record -- but it was annoying to discover. Still a fun toy, though.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K