This is "In the Beginning" by Sheila Harper and is on the Nfic Archive.

Okay, here's my offering:

Cat Grant stretched languidly as she lounged against the tousled pillows, a sheet wrapped haphazardly around her, barely covering her naked breasts. She watched, contented and appreciative, as Brandon neatly fastened his gold cuff links.

"You're sure you can't stay longer?" she purred, her voice husky with pleasure.

He smiled briefly at her over one shoulder before returning his eyes to the mirror. As she watched, he twitched his tie into place.

"No. I wish I could, but I have a pressing engagement that I can't miss."

"Mmmm, I can think of something 'pressing' I'd like to do," Cat drawled as she stretched again. In the mirror, his eyes watched her move. She was pleased that she continued to fascinate him even when he was physically sated.

As was she.

Not only was he a fantastic lover, but Brandon was just so much fun! He wasn't just the most playful man she'd ever been with, he was also sensitive and sensual, and he cared for her. She knew that. He cared for her with an honest heart, seeing her not just as a prize but as someone to be cherished. And he was someone to be cherished, too.

For the first time in her life, Cat Grant could honestly say that she was in love - full-blown, true-blue, head-over-heels in love. And it felt good!

She'd never been open to the possibility of love before, but her experience with the Nightfall asteroid had clearly shown her just what was missing in her life. It was scary being so vulnerable emotionally but after having time come
so close to literally running out, she couldn't hold herself aloof any longer.

Brandon moved to sit down on the edge of the bed. He reached out to cup Cat's cheek in a large, warm hand. "I'll call you tomorrow."

She nodded as she pressed her lips against his palm.

"We'll have lunch if that's okay."

She nodded again and accidentally on purpose let the sheet slip.

His breath caught. Bending, he kissed her lips fervently. "If I didn't have to go..." he breathed.

"I know," she murmured, sliding her hands up his muscled arms.

"I have to, though. I don't have a choice."

His gaze was hot on her skin.

"You've been so mysterious about your business. Will you be able to tell me more after your meeting?" Cat took pity on him and gathered the sheet back into place.

With an effort, Brandon looked up to meet her eyes. "No. Not really. All I can tell you is that it has to do with a friend that's getting married. In an indirect sort of way." He chuckled and kissed her once more and then with a
visible effort, stood up. "Oh, by the way," he said, his voice light and teasing. "I have some gossip for you for 'Cat's Corner.'"

"Oh?"

He smiled down at her. "I've decided to get married."

"Really?" Cat purred, her heart turning somersaults upon hearing his words. She hadn't realised that he'd been thinking as seriously about her as she had about him. "But isn't it customary to ask the lady first?" she said with a
triumphant laugh.

He turned away and shrugged into his overcoat. "I have. Julia Hawthorne. She has impeccable breeding. It's a good solid match. We'll give you the exclusive."

No words came to Cat's lips as she stared up at the stranger wearing Brandon's body.

He turned back to her, the same easy smile on his face. "See you tomorrow," he said as he dropped a kiss on her gaping mouth. "This was fun! I can hardly wait to do you again."

And he left, with Cat still frozen and staring in shock after him.

Have fun!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.