-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
Henderson: How do you know he tried to kill Clark.
LOIS: Well, there's the watch... which has NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to do with hurting Clark... blush

On another note, I am surprised under this stress she did not say "he tried to kill Cl ... Superman".
Two reasons: 1) She's already revealed his secret to Perry, she doesn't need another slip up, so she's being extra careful. 2) Some time has already passed and she's passed the initial spike in stress this situation brought.

Maybe he put it all on her ring? OK, I am sure that is not what happened.
LOIS: Yeah, and maybe he put all of it on the watch. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I think she would say "don't find it with" or "don't get it with", not what she said. Unless she is showing how much the stress is disturbing her.
Sorry. Fixed.

Although, is Lois trying to make it so she has some story to report?
Lex is more likely to believe her story if she was injured during the abduction attempt. She was scratched up a little bit during her fight on the stairs, but nothing huge. Superman saved her from being hurt when they crashed on the roof.

Henderson: Punch yourself Lois.
wave

Reader:Hmm, maybe that is why in alt-world Jimmy is a computer millionaire. His father did not abandon him as a child, and he was able to develop normally.
Maybe...

It don't think that was ever really in doubt. The only contender for Clark in Lois's affections was Superman.
Yes, but Lois never told anyone *that*.

Yes, they had a falling out because Clark did not want Lois to pretend to date him so she could really date his alter-ego.
CLARK: dizzy

But Luthor shot Lois in the shoulder, not himself in the foot. If he had shot himself and Lois had broken up with him because he was a klutz, Jimbo might have a point, but not now.
Not literally. Figuratively, shooting oneself in the foot.

He really is an idiot. He should have not acted without knowing anything about what Lois and Clark had been up to since the shooting. Actually, he is more out of the loop than he seems. He should have realized they went on a date to the Kerths together. How did he miss that one?
Of course, Jimbo was out of the loop. He wasn't working at the DP at the time and only knew what was happening when Jimmy happened to mention something in passing. Lois went to the Kerths with Lois. Jimmy had been kind enough not to rub in his budding relationship with Lucy in his cousin's face.

Clark:We ignored that fact, because we hoped it would make Luthor go away.
JIMBO: How was I supposed to know that?

Murderers do not deserve any chances.
Jimbo doesn't know this about Lex.

Goes to show how clueless he is. Anyway, why does Jimbo care so much about Luthor getting his way and so little about Clark getting it?
At that point, Jimbo was trying to help Lois. He didn't know that Clark had a shot at her.

Maybe if he had asked her instead of assuming.
JIMBO: So, Lois, I see that you've been down lately. Had your heart broken recently, or something?

He should have at least gone along since she clearly wanted this to be the case.
He thought she had said this to either save face or make Luthor jealous.

Jimbo still does not get it. He is not getting why Lois was covering this up.
Why should he?

That will be hard to convince him to do right now.
CLARK: Not really in the mood. But thanks, Jimbo.

He could just tell Clark this and get Clark to go there.
Perry said that she was undercover at LNN, which is why she couldn't have direct contact with Clark.

Not right now. The number one human authority on Superman, Lois Lane, is in S.T.A.R. labs right now.
But she's not unbiased, nor a scientific authority.

Unless Clark has another weakness he has not told Lois about. Not that he has ever explained what Kryptonite does to her either.
LOIS: He better not have. laugh Um... Clark doesn't know Kryptonian.

Even when in pain Clark does the Super thing. Thus showing it is not the powers that make him Superman.
Saving Lois is always forefront in his mind.

That is, he then knew the truth, and has now obscured it. She was not doing anything to him. It was the ring that she accepted from Lex as part of her investigation that was doing something to him.
So, you're saying that Clark is using revisionist history or looking at what happened with hindsight. Gee, none of us do THAT.

And this didn't clue Clark into the fact that Lois did not know she had Kryptonite, why?
He thought it was a distraction technique.
CLARK: I must say it was an ingenious idea and it almost worked.

Only if she knew she had kryptonite. Since Clark has never explained what it really does to him or given her a really good explanation of what it looks like, how was she supposed to know? He doesn't know that she knows about the watch.
Even so, the Kryptonite dust on the ring isn't easily visible. It isn't a large amount and it was located under the setting, which is why Lois didn't notice it. The watch was made of actual stones. The ring is neither green nor red, so she wouldn't think Kryptonite.

But that makes the story so much less exciting.
laugh

But Kent does not want Cat.
CAT: Details. Details.

Obviously Cat does not care as much about outward appearance as some think.
CAT: I have layers.
CLARK: Like an ogre?
CAT: No, not like an ogre!
EW: /Sorry, saw Shrek again recently and couldn't help myself/

Run back and apologize Phil. Tell Cat she was right and you were wrong. The sooner you do it, the sooner she will forgive you. Actually the amount of time that it will take to be forgiven is probably increasing exponentially with each step away from Cat.
Good advice.

Maybe he should have sought to know Cat more before giving ultimatums.
The relationship had to be rushed. He's moving.

Yes, that would have been wise. Move to Houston and then discuss whether Cat should be running up huge phone bills to call her old friends. OK, that is probably not a good way to do things either. However Phil's ultimatum was a horrible idea.
Aren't most ultimatums?

Now if Clark had said this to Lois when he proposed, maybe she would have said yes. Okay, probably not yes, but she would have probably still figured out how to tell him what she was doing.
LOIS: Okay. Give me the night full of hot passion and then ask me to marry you, Clark, and I'll consider it.
CLARK: Uh... [Linked Image]

They need to get Phil to come out in the open and explain that this is what happened to more people.
Guess Phil isn't a LNN / Met Star follower.

Yes, Phil has let sense come into him. He has swallowed his pride quickly.
CAT: Always a good choice when in a relationship with me. Oh, dear. Did I say that aloud?

We just hope he beats the bomb, and does not find a dead estranged fiancée.
cool

Jimbo just does not know when to not cut into other people's business.
JIMBO: /glances down at job description/ But it says here, 'must interrupt as many conversations as possible'. It doesn't say that they are all must be with Lois and Clark.

Oh no, that is the way to make things worse. Just admit what they are Clark.
It's none of Jimbo's business that someone is trying to ruin Cat's life.

He just watches the wrong movies. Sometimes the innocent get framed.
JIMBO: Really? Huh. Imagine that.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Since Lois is engaged to another man, what does that have to do with anything. Also, it is totally not true.
Guy code. /i.e. do not date friend's girlfriends/ Jimbo assumes it applies to girls as well.
JIMMY: Oooops. Wait! Jimbo stole Lucy from me first.

Clark does not have the heart to do that. Also, that last line just cut him in another way. Now he really will feel like leaving.
And here I made it less harsh than in the original Beta version.

Maybe we have not yet hit bottom. This could kill all of the friends Clark thinks he still has. Perry, Jimbo, Jimmy and Cat may all die.
LOIS: That would be bad. REALLY, really bad.
EW: What about Eduardo, Valdez, Ralph, Wally, Pete, Glenn, and all the other staffers? Should they survive as well?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.