“What do you mean ‘Lois came after you with Kryptonite’?” Cat repeated back to him.
At least she is being skeptical. One might be afraid she would want to make Clark suffer as much as her. Okay, not really, That is not how Cat acts.

Cat waved away the difference.
Lois has accepted they are one and the same for about a month and a half. There is no difference.

“She went to Suicide Slum, alone and without her bodyguard. I don’t know why.
Maybe because she wanted to feel free for a little bit. Or maybe because most of her sources do not want to deal with St. John.

Perhaps because she knew someone would attack her there and she could scream for help. She and Luthor probably set it up that way.”
This is horrible that Clark thinks Lois would plot this with Luthor.

He stood up and started pacing. “I… Superman zipped away, just for a few minutes… half hour, at the most… to help stop a robbery,
He really should take "octopus" more seriously.

and when he returned to LNN, she was gone. He looked everywhere.”
Clark does have a bad tendency to talk of himself in the 3rd person.

Clark ran a hand through his hair. “I was over Suicide Slum when I heard her scream.
So much for 3rd person detachment.

Some men were attacking her on the stairs to the elevated train. I… he snatched her away from them and took off. Just like old times.”
See, he should pay attention to that.

His traitorous mind replayed how good it felt to have Lois in his arms with her head against his chest,
smile1 he still liked having Lois there.

to smell her hint of perfume up close, to feel her hair whip his face…
dance Even when in pain Clark does the Super thing. Thus showing it is not the powers that make him Superman.

“We rolled and slid across the roof, ending a good fifteen feet from where we landed,” he continued, not wanting to admit the truth that, even then, he hadn’t known what Lois was doing to him.
That is, he then knew the truth, and has now obscured it. She was not doing anything to him. It was the ring that she accepted from Lex as part of her investigation that was doing something to him.

“When Lois touched my face it burned in a familiar way,” he went on. “I knew she had Kryptonite. I could hardly breathe, let alone speak. Then she started kissing me…”
And this didn't clue Clark into the fact that Lois did not know she had Kryptonite, why?

“Hold on. Hold on! Stop right there. She kissed you?” Cat shook her head. “Clark, I told you she still loves you.”
party at least someone gets the truth.

“Yeah, she mentioned that as well as she pinned me to the roof with her body and stabbed me with a poisoned dagger.”
Listen to her words Clark. Anyway, she did not stab you.

Disbelief covered Cat’s face. “She stabbed you?”

“Metaphorically.”
Only if she knew she had kryptonite. Since Clark has never explained what it really does to him or given her a really good explanation of what it looks like, how was she supposed to know? He doesn't know that she knows about the watch.

With a glower, Cat pressed her lips together with annoyance. “Let’s stick to facts, shall we? The literal facts, please.”
But that makes the story so much less exciting.

“No, but go on,” she said. “Did she know what she was doing?”

“The pain made my ears ring, I could hardly hear her.
Short answer that Clark should give: I don't know.

She kept telling me that she was ‘sorry’; therefore, she must’ve known what she was doing,” Clark went on.
Or maybe she was sorry that she had not been able to kiss him for a few weeks.

“She apologized for killing you?” Cat said skeptically as walked to the other end of the room and back again.
I think that should be "as she walked", although I am not positive it is Cat walking.

Cat rolled her eyes. “Yes, she does. You might never see it, but Lois has faults and one of her biggest is claiming credit for things. She’s definitely the type of person to tell you to your face if she was killing you and why. If she didn’t…” She raised her hands as if to say… actually, Clark wasn’t quite sure what the shrug meant.
I don't think Cat convinced Clark that he was wrong that Lois tried to kill him.

John Pack Lambert