John: Whoa, John! [Linked Image] You bowl me over.
Not totally. Although her using "Meena Kent", while calling about an attack on Superman might point that way. But only if you already suspect it.
One would have to be looking for it.

I think that should be "him to believe for the moment".
Thanks. Fixed.

Henderson: grumble, I was hoping she would tell me who she thinks this "killer" is.
Nah, Henderson knows Lane better than that. Actually, he's surprised he's hearing about it before it becomes public knowledge first.

Henderson: So she is pretending they are two different people. Or does she still not know they are one and the same?
That's part of the fun of knowing the secret, seeing whether or not or when others figure it out as well.

Although he does not realize only the green rocks are detrimental to Superman's health.
If you ask canon Clark, he would say the red rocks are detrimental as well.

Lois can now stop being undercover because she has proof Lex is a criminal.
cool

I thought that was what we had when someone in his city tried to ruin Superman's reputation.
Yep. Superman's rep is in tatters and now someone is using that to justify killing him.

That won't happen until he is back in Lois's arms and not being hurt by it.
Not necessarily.

I am surprised he still believes Henderson does not know. Perry seems to not have come close to revealing he knows, but the whole "lips-reading" incident with Clark came close to forcing Henderson to admit to knowing.
It's only a coincidence.

/crying/ that he no longer trusts Lois.
Well, she did just try to kill him.
LOIS: mad Lex! Lex tried to kill him, using me!

I guess some of his pain makes sense, but why has he not considered how Luthor might be behind what occurred.
Because it's worse luck if Lois was in on it.

At least in his old dimension, Clark didn’t have to worry about romantic entanglements.
I thought that was why he came to this dimension to begin with.
It was. Now, he's wondering if that was such a good idea.

Why not, other public figures have spouses. It would prevent his wife from having a normal life, but I am sure he could find women who would be willing to accept the situation.
True, but being Superman isn't the same as being an actor or a sports hero. Criminals would be more likely to go after anyone with a close relationship with Superman. Also, no Lois, and she's the only one he wants.

I am half surprised Cat did not give him a snide answer like "oh course, I am just crying because I like to."
Good point. Cat would be more catty. I'll change it for the Archive version. The line now reads:

“Yes,” she said through her sniffles. “Everything’s fine and dandy. I come into the conference room every day about this time to cry my eyes out thinking how wonderful my life is!”
So she might have cheated on him with someone else?
CLARK: /hesitantly/ I didn't say that.
CAT: You didn't NOT say it either.
CLARK: Soooooo, you and Phil, huh? My day was worse.

It might have helped. However, with Phil feeling so uncertain, he might have just assumed it was Clark's.

I suspect what would have happened was that Phil would have accepted not giving his ultimatum, and accepted staying with Cat. However he would have been resentful about it at heart. I think Cat was wise to not tell him, even if it is causing more pain.
A baby should never be used to save a relationship... it wouldn't bode well, if she had.

For once I have to support Cat's reasoning. If she had brought up the baby then, Phil would have just resented it, deep down inside.
That would be bad.

Of course it is his. The EW is not that mean.
Aw, shucks. [Linked Image] Golly gee.

What good does Clark still being Cat's friend do, when she has to not be his friend to make the choice?
Clark's saying that he wouldn't hold it against her, if she chose Phil over him, and that he'd still be there for her if she ever needed him. Would it help Clark? Not so much.

Isn't that exactly what Lois told him, on multiple occasions? Like every time she refused to return the watch?
Clark didn't specifically ask her to stay away from Luthor every time he saw the watch. He didn't say, 'it's your friendship with Lex or it's me. You choose.' Of course, Clark thinks she chose anyway.

This is where it pays to be more stubborn. Phil can't be happy with Cat having made this choice. He is bound to give in eventually, and then try to convince Cat to take him back on her terms.
Or he might cut his losses...

True, but technically that will be neither choice.
Exactly what Cat's saying. Ultimatums don't work.

Or was it Lana and her stay away from Lois ultimatum?
No, after she saw him with the suit on, she gave him a "it's being Superman or marrying me" choice.

Henderson: I do organized crime, I do not let things leak.
LEX: lol Isn't he cute?

Henderson:You quit the DP for LNN, and got engaged to Lex Luthor who Clark hates and things is a big-time criminal. Somehow I can't see how you and Clark are still working together.
It could be a joint story between the DP and LNN.

But without the kissing detail, Henderson does not know how close Lois was to Superman, and so is limited from understanding how Kryptonite works.
What? Superman rescued Lois, taking her into his arms and up into the sky. That's pretty close.

Lex is more evil than I thought. He endangered Lois's life.
LEX: But Kryptonite isn't supposed to hurt humans.

Lois, spin it as entirely from the Kryptonite. The more powerful others think it is, the better.
The better to hurt Superman with? The better the criminal will start searching for it again with?

I am surprised she does not also have images of him in the hospital bed.
The roof scene was more recent.

Lois:He is built much better than other men as well, but that is not something I feel like having Henderson ask how I know.
Exactly.

They would just have to pull up testimony of her various under-cover activities to argue she acted loose with the law and was always after a big story. They would also try and play up a line about her enticing lots of expensive meals out of Luthor with false promises.
BENDER: Sounds good enough for an acquittal to me.

They would have to prove that Luthor knew what it was. Even then, they would have to prove an intention to have her expose Superman to it. That works easiest if they can prove these thugs were Luthor's employees. That will be hard to do.
Who said that they were?

Lex could claim that he was protecting me, knowing how Superman’s such a risk or some other B.S. like that.
JOHN: I hope people are not ready to believe such rubbish.
Well, after Arianna's and LNN's smear campaign...

Actually, if he goes that route, he is likely to get convicted of something. 1994 is not the 1850s, men do not have the right in the US to assert their control over their wife by physically attacking (or killing) their wife's lover. Even less so if it is a fiancée and they can not even present evidence of the person being a lover.
Yes, but he could claim that he thought it worked like a force field to keep that naughty Superman away from his woman.

But if they do get a warrant, it will destroy Lois being undercover.
It would be difficult to remain as Lex's fiancee if he knew she was the one who brought her ring to the police, yes.

Oh wait, that would be great.
/John throws an 'end of investigation' party/ Lois will have to stop being undercover.
/Hmmmm/ Me thinks this investigation may have gone on too long.
CLARK: Tell me about it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.