At least in his old dimension, Clark didn’t have to worry about romantic entanglements.
I thought that was why he came to this dimension to begin with.

With Superman’s secret public knowledge, he couldn’t have any.
Why not, other public figures have spouses. It would prevent his wife from having a normal life, but I am sure he could find women who would be willing to accept the situation.

“Is everything all right?” he asked, opening the door.

“No,” she said through her sniffles. “Phil’s left me.”
I am half surprised Cat did not give him a snide answer like "oh course, I am just crying because I like to."

Clark’s brow deepened in concentration as he moved the pictures around on the table. “You haven’t cheated on Phil and certainly not with me.”
So she might have cheated on him with someone else?

“Did you tell him about the baby?” Clark whispered.
It might have helped. However, with Phil feeling so uncertain, he might have just assumed it was Clark's.

I suspect what would have happened was that Phil would have accepted not giving his ultimatum, and accepted staying with Cat. However he would have been resentful about it at heart. I think Cat was wise to not tell him, even if it is causing more pain.

“No. If he can’t accept me for me, I don’t want him to accept me only because of that,” Cat explained.
For once I have to support Cat's reasoning. If she had brought up the baby then, Phil would have just resented it, deep down inside.

“This didn’t seem like the best time to bring it up. Anyway, I don’t know for sure that it is his.”
Of course it is his. The EW is not that mean.

Clark smiled weakly and ran his hand over her hair. “I do, but I still want you to choose him. You love him, Cat. I’ve never seen anyone so in love. Choose him. I’ll still be your friend. I promise not to take it personally.”
What good does Clark still being Cat's friend do, when she has to not be his friend to make the choice?

“Not that this is even remotely similar, but would you have been happy, had Lois told you she wasn’t going to give up her friendship with Lex, just because you wanted her to? No, you wouldn’t have,” Cat retorted.
Isn't that exactly what Lois told him, on multiple occasions? Like every time she refused to return the watch?

“I’m never going to be happy with either choice, Clark,” Cat replied.
This is where it pays to be more stubborn. Phil can't be happy with Cat having made this choice. He is bound to give in eventually, and then try to convince Cat to take him back on her terms.

“Sure, you will. In time, Phil will realize that those accusations were ungrounded and that there’s never been anything between us, but friendship.
True, but technically that will be neither choice.

In the meantime, you’ll not have ruined your relationship. He’s just scared he’ll lose you, that’s all.” He remembered Lana and her Superman ultimatum, and he was flooded with guilt.
Or was it Lana and her stay away from Lois ultimatum?

“We’ve been over this. You aren’t supposed to bleed,” Cat reminded him, standing up and moving around to the front of him. “What happened?”
Clark:Lois tried to kill me.

“If it’s not on the record, I can’t arrest anyone.”
Point to Henderson.

“Fine, but I don’t want anything leaking until we know we’ve nailed him to the wall.
Henderson: I do organized crime, I do not let things leak.

Clark and I have full exclusivity of this. It’s our story or no dice,”
Henderson:You quit the DP for LNN, and got engaged to Lex Luthor who Clark hates and things is a big-time criminal. Somehow I can't see how you and Clark are still working together.

before launching into a rough summary of events, minus the kissing, begging for forgiveness, and pledges of love on her behalf.
But without the kissing detail, Henderson does not know how close Lois was to Superman, and so is limited from understanding how Kryptonite works.

Lois:The fewer people who understand the real power of Kryptonite the better. If people think it is more powerful than it is, Clark will be safer. They will bring too little to hurt him. So I want people to think it is more deadly and painful to Clark than it really is.

“No, it’s a diamond,” Lois said, holding it up for him to see. “But it’s coated in Kryptonite somehow.
Lex is more evil than I thought. He endangered Lois's life.

“Against Lex Luthor?”

She nodded.
At least Henderson knows that much.

“No, ‘ran’. He jumped from roof to roof.” She pressed her lips together.
Lois, spin it as entirely from the Kryptonite. The more powerful others think it is, the better.

Lois studied him, before speaking. “The Kryptonite temporarily knocked out his ability to fly; that’s why we crashed onto the roof,” she said.
Henderson basically already knows this.

“The radiation from the Kryptonite weakens him, removing his abilities, including his invulnerability, which is how he can be hurt…” She swallowed, remembering the torn cape and suit.
I am surprised she does not also have images of him in the hospital bed.

Lois:I try not to think of those images. They make me too impatient with being separated from him by this investigation.

“… and killed. I don’t think Lex knows that’s how it kills him only that it does. Trask thought it would kill Superman instantly as high doses of radiation would do to us, but Superman isn’t built… isn’t hardwired like us.”
Lois:He is built much better than other men as well, but that is not something I feel like having Henderson ask how I know.

“But it’s not enough. His lawyers will be able to convince the jury that I could have coated the ring myself to incriminate him.
They would just have to pull up testimony of her various under-cover activities to argue she acted loose with the law and was always after a big story. They would also try and play up a line about her enticing lots of expensive meals out of Luthor with false promises.

Even if we could get him dead to rights on the possession of a deadly substance…”
They would have to prove that Luthor knew what it was. Even then, they would have to prove an intention to have her expose Superman to it. That works easiest if they can prove these thugs were Luthor's employees. That will be hard to do.

Lex could claim that he was protecting me, knowing how Superman’s such a risk or some other B.S. like that.
I hope people are not ready to believe such rubbish.

On the other hand, he could claim jealousy. Everyone knows Superman and I are friends, and he could say he thought that little bit would make it uncomfortable for Superman to be around me, but he doubted that he could seriously harm the man.”
Actually, if he goes that route, he is likely to get convicted of something. 1994 is not the 1850s, men do not have the right in the US to assert their control over their wife by physically attacking (or killing) their wife's lover. Even less so if it is a fiancée and they can not even present evidence of the person being a lover.

“We don’t know that,” he replied, but Lois could hear his doubts. “The ring is enough to get us a warrant.”
But if they do get a warrant, it will destroy Lois being undercover. Oh wait, that would be great.

smile1 clap party Lois will have to stop being undercover.

John Pack Lambert