When Clark returned, Lois was handcuffed to his chest.
grumble what was Clark saying about "running into a nuclear explosion", I couldn't run either way for it to matter when the bomb went off.

Clark shook his head, and then inadvertently rubbed Lois’s stomach when he shrugged, earning him an elbow to his gut from his partner.
But with Luthor out, shouldn't he be encouraging to take advantage of the chance to be affectionate.

“Let’s hope he’ll be free to help us,” Bill replied, but he sounded doubtful.
Lois:Clark, you have to leave me.

Clark:Lois, if I do, and they let that bomb off, nothing else will matter.

Cat took once last glance at her best friend, and whispered, “Good luck.”
Clark:Hey, I am the one who gets to be real close to the love of my life.

“I don’t know, but I think Superman’s been here,” Bill mumbled,
But he knows Superman has been stuck upstairs all this time. That makes no sense.

sounding as though he couldn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth.
Why assume it was Superman. If Bill can be sneaking around with few people knowing why not someone else. Do they really think Luthor has that little security that he would just wander into the DP with no backup. That is actually the biggest issue with Flyhard, why did Luthor not bring his body guard.

She blinked her eyes. Clark hadn’t been down here. He was locked upstairs with five other hostages, who surely would have notice him disappear.
Lois:I covered for him.

Actually though, how is Bill so sure it was the gunmen and not more late-night employees?

If Clark hadn’t tied up the gunmen, who had?
Lex Gaurds. Don't leave home without them.

How stupid was that?
Well, no real cleaning company would leave a driver in the van.

If he had seen her enter the building earlier… Cat’s eyes widened as thoughts raced through her mind at what could have happened.
Clearly it didn't, so no point in worrying.

he saw her. “Catherine?”

“Bill!” she gasped softly, staring at him with relief.
Why does he call her Catherine and not Cat? Also, it is a bit odd he says Catherine and she doesn't respond with William.

He moved closer to her. “Come on. Let’s go. I’m sorry that I allowed you to come along,” he said,
If he were dealing with Mad Dog Lane he would get a kick in the ribs for that comment.

“The driver of the van. Whoever tied up those men in Advertising wasn’t Superman,” he explained,
Actually, he is still assuming that there is a direct connection between the van incident and them men in advertising. There is no real evidence for such. Occam's razor might suggest such, but in reality the simplest explantion (here read as few people as possible) is not always correct.

“Superman doesn’t carry a knife, or slice open men’s throats. Either one of those terrorists has gone rogue on his team, or we have a renegade vigilante on our hands.”
It might just be a random criminal who slit the guy in the van's throat, unrelated to the other incident.

One more party over Lois and Clark touching. Even if we did not get to directly hear either of them this part.

John Pack Lambert