“Sounds good
What happened to letting the professionals do the searching.

as long as you follow me over a block to my car and let me fit you with a vest,” he replied.
For some reason the main thing that comes to my mind at this point is Lois wearing the vest in "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape".

She shrugged. “If they don’t shoot me in the head.”
This is a good point.

Bill’s eyes trailed down her body and back up again. “You might have room under that turtleneck to hide it from view.”
I am surprised that Bill does not have not marked vests for undercover work. Although, I guess if you are under-cover you can't often wear a vest.

Lois:Good point, it would never have worked at the Metro Club.

She rolled her eyes. “At least, I’m in disguise and nobody would recognize me as the chunky woman in black.”
wouldn't that just make her disguise better, looking chunky?

Luckily, the blowtorch was one of those equipped with a safety mechanism, which turned off if a certain button wasn’t held down.
But that would not change the issue that the man Asabi threw into Schumack was already on fire.

The two men landed in a pile of concrete debris on the floor. Between Schumack landing on his partner’s back and the concrete dust from their hack job they had done to the floor, the fire was extinguished.
Hmm, I guess that works, maybe.

but I didn’t want get any closer to see for sure.”
I think that should be "want to get".

John Pack Lambert