John: Hi! smile1 The *WORLD*.

CLARK: Great. Just give her ideas now. <<dials phone>> Dr. Friskin? It's Clark Kent again.

Even with the most stubborn of women, he had been able to succeed with the opera.
Lois:Yes, but those women had not been with Superman.
LEX: You don't know that.
LOIS: What?!
CLARK: It's Lex. HE's lying.
LOIS: Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't.
CLARK: I hate that guy.

So he actually has not tested any difficult women against the opera.
Why would Lex spend money on women who are easy?

Amber Lake
JOHN: jawdrop she was disloyal to her husband. That seems out of character for her.
LEX: What? I like a challenge.

I guess they were a bit excentric, but excentricity does not usually lead to commitment if the people are rich.
Eccentric people who KILL people can get committed by other VERY rich people

This is just making it more ironic that Lois went ballistic on Clark for supposedly having a relationship with Cat, and yet spent most of the summer dating Luthor, Metropolis's #1 philanderer, who has bedded more women than Clark has even shaken hands with.
Well, Lex is older and has no morals; therefore he's more experienced.

Who unlike all the others, Lex has not seduced in any way.
LEX: So, on the difficulty challenge level she's 15 on a 10 point scale. She's also a work in progress.

LOIS: Gross!

When Lois started to see through Lex's façade to chavanist who dismissed her thoughts underneath.
So, Lois wasn't spending any more time with Lex and he needed to occupy his... time.

I am surprised Mindy later Church did not appear on this list. I guess she would not have been a difficult conquest.
She came into power AFTER Lex died.

Maybe Scardino can show up if word gets out that there is evidence that Revenge is still floating around.
What? You want him to show up already and make this triangle/square into a hexagon?

CLARK: Oh, God! Not him!

LOIS: Dan? HE's *so* last story.

Lex is not a very patient man.
no.

Lois:Well, actually the surprising thing is that his deparved actions have not landed him in jail yet.

Hmm, I guess with his power, he is always able to find willing accomplicies.
Money buys power and influence, plus it's part of the challenge for Lex.

Exposing the L.U.X. would definitely undermine his philanthropist image, even if Bender could avoid any actual prison time for him.
Oh, not necessarily. As of right this moment. He's only had sex with one member of the LUX.

Considering Lois put two-and-two together on seeing the out-dated but precise copy of her apartment, there is really nothing that Ariana could say that would change Lois's views. Now, maybe if Ariana's statements were brought to the attention of the courts, but not to Lois. Although I guess Lois has managed to hide her true feelings towards Luthor.
Yes. But Lex doesn't know that's how Lois feels about him, he thinks she likes him so he doesn't want to do anything that would change her mind. Even something simple like cancel a date.

One thing is for sure, I have never felt any sympathy for Lex being tricked by Lois in this story.
That's good. Phew.

Clark:It is Lois being tricked by Lex that worries me. Or killed, maimed, raped, who knows what.

Lois:I do know martial arts.

Clark:I fear it won't be enough, and I won't be fast enough. I am afraid what he intends to do to you Lois.
LOIS: Give me some credit.
CLARK: I wish it were that easy, Lois.

Lois:He has no chance. I am not going to violate my new rules. And anyway, even if I had never met Clark I would not give myself to such an evil, disturbed philanderer as Luthor.
She might say that now, but we know better from canon. It was because this Clark made her take a second look at Lex early enough in their relationship that she didn't fall for Lex's swarmy ways.

More later...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.