She pulled out a copy of the photo she shot of Lex and Lois at lunch the other day and set it down. “Anyone look familiar?”
I knew Lois should have left the lunch immediately on having dismissed the lawyer.

“I knew I shouldn’t have let him buy her when he had never had eyes for any of my singers before,” Toni said, appearing annoyed.
Lois:Toni's selling me is not at all related to this lunch.

Why would he? He’s a real philanthropist.
Cat:And a womanizer who pays for the services of ladies of the night, which is illegal in this town.

She pulled out a blow up of Miranda’s wrist and the obvious silver Gucci watch on it.
With the amount of watches we have seen in this story, maybe it should be renamed to "wrong watch".

Clark:Sounds good to me.

Reader:See if you were not such a wrong Clark, you would get Lois a right watch.

“What the hell?!” Toni griped. “It’s supposed to be in storage with the rest of my personal effects.”
So Toni, Toni, Miranda and Monique all had the same watch. Maybe Cat should scan various living people to see if any of them have The Watch. Lois can't be the only women Lex is using right now.

Lois:Especially since he is not getting his sexual desires met by me.

She died when her helicopter exploded after it was discovered she was the one who sabotaged EPRAD’s space program.”
Although, since presumably all the people who knew about that had just died in an explosion as well, the discovery is probably not what prompted her death.

“Unfortunately?” Toni asked. “I understood Superman to be a good thing.”
Yes, why is being saved be Superman unfortunate.

“The next week, Monique disappeared. Gotham County Sheriff’s office believes that someone held Ms. Kahn against her will for three months, starved, tortured, and then hunted her to death with a bow and arrow, or a high-powered crossbow, in the woods between Gotham City and Metropolis.
I see, it would have been a much less painful way to die if she had just splatted on the ground.

Considering what we have known for some time Lex did to Monique, nothing revealed in this part really adds to his disturbeness. Although just being exposed to him so much is disturbing.

“Oh, wait,” Toni interrupted, tapping the glass. “I heard about her. She’s that perfumer who made Metropolis love-crazy and then offed herself.”
Cat:The evidence for the last part is not clear.

“I could’ve used some of that stuff,” Toni mumbled.
But would people debase their pure love by commercializing it?

and he was a perfect gentleman,”
I guess he did have to put on a façade with Toni and not be his unsually overdominating and abuse self.

Cat knew she was lying because Toni had already told her that Lex had come to the club more than once,
TOni:Just because Luthor was at the club multiple times does not mean I met with him. I mean, I was only head for a short time. Maybe other times he talked with Johnny.

“I’m guessing he didn’t visit you at your place, which the Metros probably had under watchful eye,
I think maybe it should be "under a watchful eye".

so you must have gone to his penthouse. I know you didn’t waltz in the front door because none of his doormen recognized your picture…”
Of course that assumes they do not just categorically deny recognizing anyone.

Cat scooped up the photos and dropped them into her purse. “Fine. Don’t help me nail him and embarrass Lois.
Lois:It won't embarrass me, it will relieve me. Then I will able to be with Clark all I want. At least as much as his lunkheaded, overly close following of the law allows.

“Yes, but I’m the only one who knows that,” Cat replied, moving to hang up her telephone.
grumble Why does she keep going off to be with Luthor.

Cat knew that the elevators led directly to the lobby, unless one had a bypass key.
Maybe Luthor gives those out to some of his paramours. Or maybe he meets these ladies himself or has one of his trusted assistants with a key meet them.

Without the key, the person had to switch from the parking garage elevators in the lobby and go through building security to access the building elevators.
But maybe the people who are on duty when the lady of the night shows up are chosen because they are good at denying recognition.

“Usually.
So the trusted assitants/Lex himself method is how it is done.

Wait… One time, he picked me up at the airport and drove me back to the Metro Club in the middle of the night.”
At first I was like "what is with him driving her from the airport to the Metro Club", then I realized that the "in the middle of the night" is about when she was returned to the club, not the whole thing.

Toni waved this idea. “No, no, in the limo. We stopped by the penthouse first.
Oh, I guess it was both in the middle of the night. Luthor's limo driver could be a key source of information.

There was another elevator, a private elevator,” she said, recalling. “I remember because Lex chose a bottle of champagne from his wine cellar before we went upstairs. We were celebrating…” Her gaze drifted off.
frown This won't be enough to convict him. Drinking wine with a lady, even one who operates a prostitution racket as Toni did, still is not criminal.

It had been worth a shot. Cat had been able to trick Toni into confirming that she had dated Lex. Unfortunately, without it explicitly on tape, it would only be Toni’s word against Cat’s that was who their the conversation was about.
But even if she could prove Toni dated Lex, it would not really do much to get him arrested.

Anyway, Lex and Toni dating was only gossip, not news, unless Cat could prove that Toni’s watch had a tracer in it as Lois’s did.
I guess this would expose Lex as disturbing, but unless they can prove the tracers are used, criminal would be pretty hard.

not finding either Lex’s black stretch or his old fashioned limo, and she wondered where he parked them.
Since Lois already knows, they would be making a lot more progress if they worked closer on this investigation.

John Pack Lambert