-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
How could he have even more a moment forgot that?
CLARK: Not forgot, forgot. I just didn't have it at the forefront of my mind.

He should propose this name to Lois, at least it would lighten the mood.
I doubt she'd have seen the humor of it.

Why did he still going dancing with Linda after Lois said she didn't want him to? He could have pleaded not wanting to disrupt her relationship with Carpenter.
He danced with her in canon without upsetting Carpenter. Perhaps Carpenter was using Linda as a lure to entice away good reporters from other papers.

I could certainly see Lois classifying going to a meeting as her bosses date as Linda meriting the title.
LOIS: clap

Lois:If I tossed my mug, your secret would be out buddy.

Clark:What secret?

Lois:That you are Superman?

Clark:How would the mug prove that is the hot coffee didn't.

Lois:I don't know, but I just wanted to shout that to expose your secret anyway.
huh
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Well, if Perry did tell her Clark was secretly defecting, she is doing an awfully good job of faking her anger.
LOIS: I didn't say I wasn't angry.

Well her anger did make it so Carpenter was not likely to suspect a double-cross. Although, Carpenter gave me the impression of being too sure of himself to doubt that everyone would flock to his banner.
Yes, but it's always good idea to have a back-up plan.

This has not prevented Perry from having Clark not tell Lois about investigations in the past. Although I guess she does not know about it.
I'm sure that little tid-bit won't anger her in the least, since she's doing the same, right?

On the first reading I somehow thought that Perry had expected Clark to tell Lois what they were up to. However, it seems that he did not plan such. Although they should have been more clear about whether to tell Lois or not, since Clark thinking Perry might have told her means they had not made a firm decision on telling Lois.
Clark discussed it with Perry that morning while Lois was out at her meeting with the ADA and her lawyer. Perry knows that Lois and Clark haven't had any private time to discuss it.

I wonder if her memories of past lives help. Still, knowing that a-Clark loves her, makes it unlikely to expect him to really leave. Knowing he is Superman might sway her to suspect he won't leave, but only if you assume Carpenter is a crook. That assumption I think is partly fueled by Lois' memory.
Partly.

This is true. I still have to wonder if she isn't partly willing to trust him because she is doing undercover work with Luthor.
She's trusting Clark not to cheat because she's not cheating?

This is speeding up the time table, but I guess the elevator incident happened weeks ago.
Linda has been around for most of the month of March and we're nearing the end of March.

Is that what she really things, or is she just avoiding mentioning what seem to be visions of the future that might cause accusations of being crazy.
LOIS: He had me institutionalized for hearing voices. What do you think?

Perry:So did it feel like a real goodbye kiss, or a fake goodbye kiss. Is your sense of detecting facts through kisses that deep. Is that why you let your "source" Luthor kiss you, you get facts from his kisses as well?
LOIS: Ewww. I don't *let* Lex kiss me. He does it without my permission every time.

Lois:I wanted to help Clark have a convincing back story. Anyway, it is not like it could possibly hurt him.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I was mad?

I might sympathize with this view, if Lois was not doing the exact same thing with Luthor.
Oh, you haven't heard of Lois Lane's Standards of Double Standards then?

“That’s different,” Lois replied, stiffening at his implication that she and Clark should treat each other the same.
JOHN: Indicating that it really is essentially the same.
This is essentially the same conversation she has with Perry during the finding out that Clark had the globe event in Foundling.

Well, at least she is not using the Kansas excuse.
LOIS: What does Kansas have to do with Clark Kent?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

We can only hope that Lois will realize this huge double-standard is unworkable, at leat as a basis of anger.
Oh, sorry, was Lois supposed to be a Vulcan in this story? Logic and anger usually don't ever go hand-in-hand.

I guess maybe, but it really does not seem that way. It more seems he is letting his jealousy of Lex overcome his good judgement.
But only to those of us privy to Clark's thoughts.

Clark has a long haul in front of him.
CLARK: That was always a given.

This is a really good point. I wish she could figure out a way to make it to Clark.
Well, first, they would have to have a moment of privacy to talk...

I am surprised that Perry is even bothering to try to give the idea Clark is actually gone.
That's the official story, and by saying that Clark's gone, he's saying that the conversation is over.

I wonder if Perry suspects this is one of the things she is not telling Clark about?
Perry's not stupid. He knows something's going on.

Perry:If you don't want to be caught cheating, don't do the act to begin with.
LOIS: *I'm* not cheating!

I have doubts if Lois will tell Cat about her next trip to Lex Towers.
LOIS: I owe that tramp nothing!

Considering she had not been at the press function, I am surpsied he expected that at all.
Carpenter's still hopeful. It *is* the Met Star, after all, who wouldn't want to work for it?

Well, the murderer was proven to be not guilty. Hmm, I think Clark needs to stop having such a negative view of Lois and her journalistic abilities.
It wasn't a negative view of her journalistic abilities, it was surprise anyone would want to hire someone caught breaking the law to get a story.

sad that Clark is attacking Lois.
He's not attacking Lois, actually, he's not saying more than he did in canon.

What if this most recent stunt was so outrageous Lois decides she really wants nothing to do with him ever again? OK, I don't expect that to happen.
See, I told you he isn't without hope.

At least he listened to Lois, although he seems to be under valuing the importance of her words.
It wasn't that he was undervaluing Lois's words, more that he didn't want to think about Linda and Carpenter being intimate, especially while in the room with them during a job interview.

He is mad because the Daily Planet scooped them on Lex's health?
Scooped the Met Star on gossip about Lex's girlfriend.

Lois:Cat knows that I don't really care for Lex. She should not have put that photo with her article.
CAT: She walked into that mess. If she's going to go out in public with Lex, then it's my job to report it.

I guess it is good that Clark reads all the paper, it prevents him from being too surprised.
CLARK: A head's up from Cat would have been nice too.

It is telling how much he really has given up on that front that he still thinks she things that. Although, maybe if he pressed her on the issue she would use the fake, thinks Lex is OK persona.
Would she?

Well, it will be now that he told it.
Right and nobody else from the DP will have mentioned it?

I guess it might relate to modesty if it is spun as desperate actions to keep the one good employee. But that would be a hard way to spin it, considering Clark had nothing to do with the scooping of Linda the day before.
It could be construed as modesty, if Clark doesn't want it spread around that someone threw coffee in his face.

I like the injections about his intentions. In canon they tried to leave it open that Clark really was defecting until Lois invaded his apartment. I really hope we do see that scene. OK, more like I would love having that scene, but doubt it will come up.
I think in canon it was more for the shock value for the audience. He did give that huge grin after Lois threw him out of her apartment.

I know this is canon, but it always seemed that Carpenter was too open about his methods considering how illegal they were.
I'm sure his words sound innocent enough if one doesn't know he's actually making thing happen.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.