Lois had told Clark about her wonderful idea for a trip to Kansas that weekend.
smile1 he thinks it is a wonderful idea.

From experience, he had learned not to let his hopes get too high, knowing that was the surest way to have them dashed against the rocks.
frown that Clark has given up hope. Although I have to admit I had very low hopes for them actually making it to Kansas, although I did not expect Mayson et al to be the reason they did not go.

As his luck would have it, it now sounded as if the trip was officially off the table for the time being.
I was going to say they should appeal for a special exception, and go by normal air. However I guess Lois really does not want to tell more people about her and Clark than absolutely necessary.

Apparently, he had been Linda’s pseudo-date and Preston Carpenter her official date.
Sort of like in canon?

Women made a date with him, only to have it be a ‘fake date’ because they brushed him aside for a wealthier man.
grumble at Lois for even mentioning the Majic of the Night Ball to Luthor. What Lois really needs is a disguise so she can go places with Clark without anyone recognizing her and stealing her from him.

Understandably, it wasn’t a feeling he enjoyed, and it was hard not to take it personally.
frown for Clark.

John Pack Lambert