Right, the EPRAD Nightfall Virus. Clark recalled Superman’s conversation with Lois from the night before.
How could he have even more a moment forgot that?

He could just picture Jimmy suggesting that they should rename it the Daitch EPRAD Nightfall Disaster. Then they could use the acronym ‘D - E.N.D.’, which Jimmy would then consider quite witty, and Clark would probably laugh, if it wasn’t so accurate.
He should propose this name to Lois, at least it would lighten the mood.

“Oh, that’s right, you were busy with your date,” Lois continued sourly,
Now that is really an unfair comment on Lois' part.

“What’s that smile for? Remembering fondly dancing with the slut?”
Why did he do something so unwise as smile. He really should have shared the potential name aloud.

A picture of him and Linda from last night’s party had been on the society page of the Metropolis Star that morning,
Why did he still going dancing with Linda after Lois said she didn't want him to? He could have pleaded not wanting to disrupt her relationship with Carpenter.

and Jimmy had showed it to Lois before she left for her meeting,
Clark:Why do I consider Jimmy a friend, again?

“Lois, you’re being unfair to Linda.
help Clark, stop being such a lunkhead. You can do nothing but loose sticking up for Linda.

She hasn’t done anything to warrant being called that,” Clark scolded.
I could certainly see Lois classifying going to a meeting as her bosses date as Linda meriting the title.

“She… she hasn’t… hasn’t done anything to… What is wrong with you, Clark? Do you need a new prescription for your glasses?” Lois rebuked.
So much for mad Lois accidently revealing she knows The Secret.

and stuffed bra?
Clark:I have absolutely no idea about that detail. Now, if you did that Lois, I would know immediately, although you would not have any need to do that.

“Well, there had been a misunderstanding. Apparently, she thought I was bringing you as my date,
Lois:So you turned down dinner with me, when you were supposed to be bringing me.

and she had made other arrangements with Preston Carpenter,” Clark explained.
Lois:See, I told you she was a slut. She uses her body to get money.

“Why would she think we’re dating?”
Clark:Maybe she has bugs in the supply closet.

Was there anyone in Metropolis who hadn’t been able to tell that he and Lois belonged together?
Lex Luthor is convinced there is no belonging there.

It seemed quite obvious to him,
I thought this was about others realizing it, not him.

Perry, and Inspector Henderson,
These understand it well.

and who know how many others.
Cat Grant, but she does seem to fight it as much as she can.

Well, Lois wanted to pretend that their relationship was a ruse for a while longer, so he figured he’d play along;
This sounds like a very bad plan.

although, he doubted they were actually fooling anyone.
They are coming close to fooling themselves.

“Not as a ‘date’ date, but attend the party as partners as a business networking function.
I guess that is a way to explain away some of Lois and Clark's pre-first date date-like activities.

Mr. Carpenter had nothing to say but raves about you and your dedication to your journalism,
This is a new development. In canon Clark had to speak up to avoid Lois getting written off as just his plus one.

He was disappointed he couldn’t meet you.”
Lois:Clark, next time understand the event before hand, so you can bring me along.

Clark:But I thought we were pretending not to be dating.

Lois:I still like being with you.

Lois rolled her eyes. Evidently, the feeling wasn’t mutual.
Lois:Why would I want to meet a man who has his journalists use such simplistic language.

“Which reminds me,” Clark said, glancing at his watch. “I better get running. I’m meeting Linda for lunch, and then I have an interview.”
shock he is already bailing on the planet. This is going to go awful.

He had decided he needed to dig further into how the Metropolis Star’s reporters always seemed to be on the scene of crimes lately before they occurred.
He should take Lois to the supply room and explain what is going on.

Between Lois’s rant from the day before and Linda’s flirtatious idea of her and Clark joining forces, he had a good idea how to get the ‘inside scoop’.[./Quote]

It is a bad idea if it does not involve telling Lois what he is doing.

[Quote]He had already discussed his plans with Perry about trying to become a mole over the Met Star, and the Chief was all for it.
So he should discuss this with Lois.

‘Anything to save the Planet,’ Perry had said, before reminding Clark that he wanted him to come back.
With Lois as the planet, Perry should not worry about that at all.

Clark had reassured him that it wouldn’t be a problem.
I think he is underestimating Lois' ability to splat

Clark leaned in and kissed her cheek. “Who said I would be the one doing the interviewing, minha?” he murmured.
Hopefully she hears the underlying message.

“Clark!... Kent!...” Lois sputtered, before exploding,
See, I said he had underestimated her ability to do that.

“What the…? Did you just kiss my cheek?”
Clark:Luthor does it all the time, and you never get mad at him.

Reader:So much for Lois's claims that she treats Luthor like she treats her co-workers.

It had seemed like the natural thing to do. Still, Clark wasn’t sure why he had done it, especially here, in the middle of the newsroom.
I am mainly not understanding why Lois is exploding. I wish it was part of an elaborate cover plan to his defection, but I don't think that is it.

Lois’s face turned red with fury.
Well, this will make his defection fully believable, I just hope he can find a way to get her to forgive him.

John Pack Lambert