He knew that if he ever desired to do so, he could use his powers to become rich, very rich indeed, but that had never felt honest to him.
If Lois keeps brushing him off for Luthor, I will not be surprised if he gives up and uses his powers to get rich.

all he had left was that one photo of his folks, which he had guarded with his life.
Maybe he should have created somewhere on his suit to carry it. Hmm, that brings up issues like, what happens to his wallet while he is Superman?

Lana had definitely been a material girl, so often Clark had spent much of his money on gifts for her.
I am surprised that never drove him to using his power for money. Although, if he had, would Lana still have accepted the gifts? Would that have made Lana ok with him having powers, if he had used them to make more to get her stuff?

“Personal means pricier,” he had once overheard her complaining to one of her friends over the phone. “You’d think he’d know that by now.”
Sometimes I do not understand why he did not break up with Lana sooner.

Why save on airfare just because they could?
Considering Lana's aversion to flying by Clark, I can see the reasoning behind this. Why he was willing to marry someone who disliked his true self, not so much.

Lana didn’t want a house in the suburbs, and she certainly didn’t want to be a stay-at-home mom.
That would require her to want to be anykind of Mom at all.

frown at all the talk of Lana.

A small smile tugged at the edge of his mouth. He was happy that a tiny part of himself remained, which Lana hadn’t been able to find and take when she had sued him for ruining her life.
He should have countered sued for emotional abuse considering how much she demeaned who he truly was. If the world was just they would see her as a major emotional abuser and punish her for it.

Was she talking about him or Superman?
Lois:Like there is a difference.

Clark:What?

Lois:As I said before, you both act remarkably the same. I wonder why that is.

“Tell you what. Why don’t you take a couple of weeks of your vacation time, and do all the community service at once, and then we’ll go?” he suggested.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Although I doubt she would go along.

Clark figured she had calmed down enough to broach this idea.
I think Clark needs to learn more about reading Lois if he thinks that.

“But, Clark, I can’t take time off. Not now. I… we’ve got too much on our plates,” Lois insisted.
Clark:Or is it you janst can't bare the idea of missing you weekly meetings with Luthor.

Of course, Clark had used up most of the little he’d earned during the time he had amnesia.
It's not like it should matter, since he does not get sick.

“If I go on vacation right now, there might not be a Daily Planet to come back to when it’s over,” she reminded him.
I hope they team up on exposing Carpenter.

“Didn’t Superman tell you?” she inquired, taking a sip of her coffee and looking at him from over her mug.
But she really can't make much progress on it until she can travel, so maybe she should expedite her community service instead of dragging it out.

John Pack Lambert