John: I'll try to squeeze in some FDK response while I'm waiting for my kids to get ready to run errands. Thank you for reading and commenting. smile1
we moved back to Lois and Clark parts.
cool

She's being punished for taking the law into her own hands and assuming she knows better than it.
She *did* break the law and get caught.

“So, you’re going to trial?” Jimmy wondered.
JOHN: It sounded like she had agreed, so I doubted it.
I didn't know if I was being clear or subtle, so I decided to have Jimmy ask the question, so no assumptions are made.

That sounds like more than it is worth. Plus, it would not solve her limited travel issues very quickly if they went to trial.
I gave Lois a VERY good plea deal, not that she sees it that way. I could have given her 500 hours of community service.

That would make it hard to win.
Which is why she decided to take the deal. Path of least resistance. Of course, she doesn't *have* to be happy about it.

Generally they do not take paid work as such.
Okay, now she's on a babbling vent fest and nit-picking everything (in case you hadn't noticed).

“How long do you have?” Jimmy asked.
JOHN: This seems an odd way to phrase the question.
I changed he question to "how many hours did you get?" Thanks.

I protested the attached rider, which said that I couldn’t converse with criminals.
JOHN: Is this so Clark can't insist she stops talking to Luthor?
smile1

Sometimes I do not understand why he did not break up with Lana sooner.
Lana was all that Clark knew and all that he had, and he thought she loved him.

Considering Lana's aversion to flying by Clark, I can see the reasoning behind this. Why he was willing to marry someone who disliked his true self, not so much.
Because until canon Lois came along, he didn't like his true self much either. Being different hadn't been able to save the good people in his life, and made other people not like him, and the burden of his secret rested squarely on his shoulders.

That would require her to want to be anykind of Mom at all.
True.

<<sad>> at all the talk of Lana.
Well, being with Lana was a big ol' influential chunk of his life.

He should have countered sued for emotional abuse considering how much she demeaned who he truly was. If the world was just they would see her as a major emotional abuser and punish her for it.
He just wanted Lana and the incident to go away quickly and quietly as possible.

Was she talking about him or Superman?
Lois:Like there is a difference.

Clark:What?

Lois:As I said before, you both act remarkably the same. I wonder why that is.
CLARK: I'm a great guy?
LOIS: No, that can't be it. Must be something else.
CLARK: huh

Clark: Or is it you janst can't bare the idea of missing you weekly meetings with Luthor.
Luckily, Clark's thoughts didn't go there.

It's not like it should matter, since he does not get sick.
CLARK: That's the rumor.

But she really can't make much progress on it until she can travel, so maybe she should expedite her community service instead of dragging it out.
She's still hoping that SM will change his mind.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.