I figured I was due a half-hour of scrubbing the scum off myself,
I thought Lex hadn’t touched her.
CLARK: thumbsup

which I should have known was asking for trouble, because all the traffic lights in Metropolis are on the fritz,”
CABBIE confused What’s this ‘traffic light’ she’s talking about?

Tell him that he and the others in Eugene’s virus fighting class need to get started working on an antidote for this thing.”
Bureaucratic paper-pusher: Yeah, just what we need. Couple of pimple-faced nerds who think they can save the world.

It was twice the coffee in size, and thrice in flavor, as the one Henderson had given her.
So, it tasted like rocket fuel instead of just gasoline?

He lifted up a copy of the Met Star, showing Reed and her men leading Lois and Eugene into the police station in handcuffs with the banner headline Daily Planet Harbors Murderers.
Oops?

Lois grabbed the paper out of his hands. “Linda King scooped me? How is that possible?
Because *she* wasn’t busy working on her back to pay off the watch Lex got her? Oh, and she’s the better reporter laugh

DP Headline: The ship’s sinking. Load up with gold.

“I have a dead body on my hands,” Reed reminded her. “Harrison is still missing. For all we know Eugene Laderman killed two men, and cooked up this virus himself as a way to get back at the world.”
Boy, Det. Reed must be really jaded to think a person could be so crazy nutsy sick to come up with such a plan.
LEX: Sounds like a reasonable reaction on Eugene’s part to me. Not that I would ever engage in Scorched Earth politics. /pushes red folder deeper into drawer/

Perry leaned over, patted her shoulder, and whispered in her ear, “Oh, look! The dodo’s extinct again.”
laugh

“At the Lexor Hotel,” Lois replied, realizing that Reed was okay, despite arresting her. Just another hard working woman in a man’s field, doing her job. It wasn’t personal.
Just like Linda.
LOIS: No, Linda is a working girl working hard on her guy of the hour when doing her job.

“Okay! Off with you. Go find your dodo bird!”
Awwww
[Linked Image]

He quickly closed the door to watch and listen in privacy from the other side.
Nope, not creepy at all.
RALPH: Move over, man. /munches some very greasy fries/ I wanna see the action.

“I couldn’t bear the thought of you remaining in jail any longer than necessary, Darling.
Translation: Until he was able to do all this business and boink Mrs. Cox for good measure. And teach Lois some dependence and humility.

Clark couldn’t help the grin that came to his lips. He knew Lois’s annoyed voice instantly. He could recognize it with amnesia.
laugh Soooo married.

“Of course. Only the best for you, Darling,” Luthor replied.

Clark’s brow furrowed. Wasn’t Luthor’s top lawyer named Sheldon Bender?
He didn’t say that Schwartz was his best lawyer. He only implied it to Lois.

“Lex, I’ve told you repeatedly that I don’t like it when you use endearments with me. Not only is it belittling, but people will assume that we are more than friends,”
LEX: Sure, honey. Now hush and make a pretty face, okay?
LOIS: [Linked Image]
LEX: That’s my girl. /slaps her buttocks/ Now off you go.

Well, thanks, Mr. Luthor, for sharing this information with the rest of the country, Clark thought wryly.
LEX: confused I already tell people to buy LexComp equipment. What more do you want from me?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.