“And where will you be?” he asked. “Giving Luthor back his watch, I hope.”
grumble watch, messing everything up, grumble

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he knew that their little closet tryst had ended.
At least he can sense that.

“Lois, I didn’t mean…” he started.

“Actually you did,” she corrected.
He is trying Lois, he really is, you are just making it too hard.

She pulled the watch out of her jacket pocket and snapped it back on her wrist.
grumble stupid watch, the world would be better off without it.

“You see my new watch as some sort of engagement ring, don’t you?
Clark:Well, it is more expensive than the ring my Dad got my Mom, being a rolex and all.

Well, it’s not. It’s just a watch. Wearing it doesn’t mean that he owns me, Clark.
Clark:He thinks it does.

“It’s just a watch!” she growled.
Methinks she doth protest too much.

Clark rested his hand briefly on her right bicep
hyper more touching.

over the spot Lex had shot her. “Not the watch, Lois,” he murmured. “Not the watch.”
I guess he does have a point about the scars.

Lois shifted her jacket over her wrist, and then took hold of his hand over her arm, squeezing it.
hyper more touching.

“I haven’t forgotten, Chuck,” she said softly.
hyper she used the endearment.

“Come on,” she said, heading for the door. “We have a country to save, Su…” She froze,
Oh, I was so hoping she would say his name.

and then smacked herself in the forehead. “Supplies!”
I am shocked she got out of that one.

“Right. Supplies,” he said, removing a couple of notepads from the shelf and handing them to her. For a second there, he thought she was going to say something else.
How many times will she slip up like that before he realizes that she knows the secret?

They walked back into the newsroom together,
frown they are no longer holding hands.

and a part of him was disappointed that nobody seemed to notice.
He really does want to brag about making out with Lois.

“I better go type up that Tealboro story,” Clark said to Lois with a gentle caress to her back.
hyper more touching.

“Of course he’s going to jump, Jimmy,” Lois said, returning to her typing, and much more calmly than Clark expected. “But not until tonight after the paper been put to bed. People are known to do crazy things with they turn fifty, including going bungee jumping.”
clap I just love Lois knowing what will happen.

“How do you know about Perry’s birthday?” Clark asked. The Chief had seemed quite certain nobody at the Planet knew about his big birthday.
He still does not really understand her memories of the past.

Her face turned white and she stammered, “P…P…Per… Perry’s birthday… is t…t…today?”
Is she remembering his next birthday?

Clark nodded slowly, moving towards Lois. He was beginning to recognize the signs of her premonitions:
Well, at least he now realizes what is going on, better late than never.

knowing something she shouldn’t, the shock at knowing it, and the color draining from her face were all dead giveaways that something wasn’t right.
It is bigger than he has any idea of.

“P…Per… Perry’s... his birthday?” she repeated before her eyes rolled back into her head and she started to fall to the floor in a dead faint. Luckily, Clark was close enough to catch her.
dance more touching.

I still wish Clark had never brought up the watch. That watch is becoming a major point of contention. Lois should never had accepted it.

I am now really wondering what is up with the reaction to Perry's birthday. Did Lois remember about his birthday next year? Is she going to remember going back in time? Is she about to realize this is the replacement Clark? Considering she has become closer to this Clark than she ever was to the original, I can't see her deciding to replace him if she does. This is going to be very interesting.

John Pack Lambert