“Eugene was right. It is a computer virus. Jimmy, call your cousin. Tell him that he and the others in Eugene’s virus fighting class need to get started working on an antidote for this thing.”
It seems to me that just calling in a bunch of CS students is rather short-sighted. You can make the argument that since Eugene has seen the virus, he may have imparted some of his anti-virus knowledge onto his students, but I guarantee there are more experienced hackers that could do a better job quicker. I'll concede that Lois knows less than nothing about programming, though, and wouldn't necessarily realize that.

“Eugene’s innocent, and the charges against me will be dropped once we prove it."
He's still an escaped convict. I don't see why Lois expects that the escape and her harboring a fugitive would be swept under the rug just because he didn't kill Harrison. They both committed crimes regardless of whether he's actually guilty of murder.

"Because Harrison is still alive, we should be able to convince a judge to let Eugene out of jail to work on the antidote for this virus."
...Why? Like Perry pointed out, there's still a dead man, and Eugene is the most likely suspect and a flight risk. Lois is pretty emotional about this whole trial. She's not being logical nor reasonable.

Besides, Lena identified the body,” Reed admitted grudgingly.
Go arrest Lena for obstructing justice, or purgury, or whatever charge she gets for lying to the police. I guess she could claim that she was overcome by grief, and the body was too burned to be recognizable. Hang on, how did she ID the body, then?

Luthor nodded as if he had been listening, and then said, “Beautiful that you are, Lois, I like that you have something to contribute to a conversation. I’d much rather speak with you than hear what most other people have to say.” He smiled his smarmy smile. “Please know that you’ll always have a job at LNN, if ever your career needs it. I understand that you’re busy now, though. Are we still on for our usual Thursday night dinner, then?”
Wow, he really doesn't care about anything she's saying, does he? I love the subtle wording here - "I'd much rather speak with you than hear what most other people have to say." Nowhere does he say that he likes to listen to her. And when he starts the way he does, it implies that the understanding had been that he's just been keeping her around for her looks, but look! A bonus! She can talk, too!

Lois: What am I, a Barbie?

Announcer voice: That's right, kids! Lois Lane, now with five different sayings! Just pull the cord on her back!

::pull::

Lois: "Math is hard!"

Lois: Blah blah blah reporting blah blah blah Superman.

Lois: I'm willing to sleep with the boss to get a job!

::Lois slaps hand away from pull cord::

Lois: Hey! I don't say that!

Luthor: I can dream, can't I? ::sighs:: "Lois Bought-With-A-Watch Luthor." Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Clark: mad

“Please let my attorneys assist you in this harboring matter. I would hate for you to end up in prison.”
Is that a threat?

“Here. Allow me,” Clark volunteered, shutting the door behind him.
Sweet. cool

"They wouldn’t let me back to see you without proper identification.”
So why hasn't he used the birth certificate from the Kents to get a new driver's license? He had claimed that he could use his press pass as a photo ID, but I was pretty skeptical of that, and here he's blatantly proven false.

He was just about to ask when he heard the soft snap of a metal latch.
This confused me. I thought someone was opening the door. What kind of "latch" is on a jacket? There are zippers, buttons, snaps, hooks, but I can't picture what you mean.

There was a major story crashing down around them, and everyone was too busy to care about office gossip.
It's not very often that people are disappointed about that.

Lois’s gaze shifted to Clark. “Huh? His birthday? I don’t know. I just…knew,” she mumbled as her whole body went rigid. Slowly, she stood up and her stare at Clark deepened. Her face turned white and she stammered, “P…P…Per… Perry’s birthday… is t…t…today?”
She's just upset because she forgot a present, and all she has lying around is checked suspenders. Hey, wait. Wasn't the whole Tempus mess the following birthday, and Clark comments that Lois got him checked suspenders the previous year? If she got him a birthday present this year, why doesn't she know about his birthday by conventional means? Though I guess she could have gotten him a present after the whole bungee jumping incident.

And am I remembering wrong, or was the whole Super-Clone thing in the same episode as the bungee jumping? Is that going to come into play? Or is this Clark smart enough not to leave his DNA lying around everywhere? Maybe cannon-Clark mentioned it to him at some point, so alt-Clark wouldn't donate his hair in this dimension.

Warm fuzzies for Lois and Clark actually getting some time together! Now if they can actually communicate when they talk, we'll be getting somewhere! smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)